53

Three Weeks Later|BattleGround

"Good luck to you, baby. I know it's gonna sting a little bit. But I know you will still do great!" Mercedes smiled at her husband, early that Sunday morning. It was just the two of them awake while baby Liam slept in his pack and play on the bus that they traveled in.

They were currently in Tampa, Florida at the Amalie Arena. It was the night of WWE Battleground. It would definitely be a show filled with twists and turns.

Bayley would be facing Alexa Bliss for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship. Bayley would win it as WWE wanted her to be a double champion as she and Sasha Banks would become the first ever WWE Women's Tag Team Champions at SummerSlam. Fans would be a bit confused though, as Bayley would be coming to Raw.

She and Asuka would do a title swap the next night on Raw as Asuka would be going to SmackDown. Bayley and Sasha Banks would continue the build towards their historic championship win that would happen at SummerSlam the next month. However, Bayley was not the only one with a championship match.

Dean Ambrose would yet again defend his championship against AJ Styles. This time though, it would be a normal one on one match with the two competitors. Dean would be losing the championship to AJ though after a great seven month title reign. The two would put on a great match, however it still stung to Jon about losing the prestigious championship.

"Thank you, gorgeous. Next month will be your crowning moment too. I couldn't be a prouder husband and I know Liam is a proud son." Jon smiled as he handed his wife some coffee after taking a few minutes to wake up.

"Yes, and Tuesday is a very special day." She replied.

"It is. Our two year wedding anniversary." He gave a cheeky smile after climbing back in to bed with his wife.

"Best two years of my life! Even with all the highs and lows, we still come out on top!" She beamed.

"Yes we do baby, yes we do. You and I against the world." He winked before they did their work later that day.

+

Two days later, they were back home in Salt Lake City, Utah. Mercedes and Jon were relieved to be home with their son. They also had his first birthday to plan that was coming up in just three short weeks. Today though, they would celebrate their two year wedding anniversary.

Jon was home with Liam that morning as he sent Mercedes out to get her nails done. They weren't going to do anything huge due to them just wanting to relax and Liam being a bit fussy from teething, so he mostly wanted Mercedes. However, Jon still wanted to celebrate the love he and his wife had for each other.

While she was gone, Jon took Liam out with him. Jon was going to make a nice dinner for the two and got her favorite flowers. It was something small and simple. However, it was the thought that counts.

"Babe, I'm home!" Mercedes called out an hour later once she arrived back to their home after getting her nails done. She didn't hear anything as she walked upstairs. Once she was on their main floor, she gasped and began beaming bright.

"Jon." She gave off a soft smile, seeing that her husband had flowers in his hand and a loving smile plastered on his face.

"Happy anniversary to the love of my life. The greatest thing to ever happen to me besides our beautiful boy." He grinned as he embraced his wife, the two sharing a passionate kiss.

"I love you so much Jon. Happy anniversary! Two years down, forever to go." She said in his ear as they let go of their kiss.

"I love you, Mercedes. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us." He winked, handing her the flowers as they enjoyed a quiet anniversary at home with their son. They had each other and that was all they needed, all that they could ask for.