26

Mercedes could hardly sleep that night. She had to help a drunk, pill ridden, stumbled Jon in to the house. She quickly got him laid down on the couch and nearly forcing some water and Gatorade down his throat.

Mercedes cried. She cried and cried. She cried until nearly four in the morning when she finally passed out from crying so much. She was in such a state of shock, confusion, bafflement. It was one thing for Jon to have some social drinks with the guys. This was something else and she did not know what to think nor how to handle it.

She groaned as her eyes opened around ten the next morning. She went to get up before seeing her husband next to her. Jon must've crawled into bed with her at some point after she fell asleep. She shook her head, walking into their bathroom. She tried to get herself ready for the day before heading downstairs to take her prenatal vitamins and make herself a morning smoothie.

"Jon? What are you doing awake?" Mercedes questioned not too long after she finished making herself a smoothie and a small breakfast sandwich.

"Gonna try and make myself some coffee, not feeling too good." He mumbled before getting out what he needed and began to brew himself a pot of coffee.

"I figured that much. I just don't know how you're awake after last night." She shook her head and was already fighting back some tears.

"Last night?" He questioned, not remembering the events that occurred less than twelve hours ago.

"You don't remember anything from last night?" She questioned after taking a drink of her smoothie. It took Jon a moment to think back before replying.

"I remember getting to Copper Commons, seeing the bartender there. I think his name was... Adam? And that's about it." He trailed off, barely being able to recall the prior night.

"Jonathan David." Mercedes shook her head while fighting back tears.

"What? What's wrong?" He questioned his wife as he could see she was extremely emotional. The pregnancy hormones didn't benefit her as well with the emotional standpoint.

"Jonathan! What is going on? I got a phone call last night to come get you from the bar! You could barely look at me! What is going on?" She broke down into sobs. She was worried, confused, baffled at her husband's actions. Jon sighed, sitting down with her on the couch and rubbing his hands over his head.

"I... I have a problem." He went quiet. It was too painful to admit it, but Jon had no choice now. He could also hardly look Mercedes in the eyes as seeing the pain in her eyes hurt him worse.

"Jon, you have to tell me. What's going on?" She croaked out while wiping away a few more tears.

"It all started after Colby's wreck. Maybe a week or two after. Seeing my best friend. Fuck that, my brother, nearly dead! It caused me so much emotional damage. And I wanted to block it out. I didn't wanna, I didn't wanna hurt you... Mercedes." Jon began taking harsh breaths as he found himself emotional.

"I know in hindsight I fucked you up and I didn't mean to. I don't wanna hurt you, but I'm in so much pain losing my brother! He could die... he could die any moment. The alcohol and the pills just blocked it out. I needed a quick fix and damnit I did wrong I know! But I needed a quick fix to my problems." He was in tears as Mercedes was as well.

She gently held his hand as Jon brought her close to him. They held each other in each other's arms, crying on each other's shoulders. It was the healthiest thing Jon's done to relieve his pain.

"I'm sorry, that I hurt you." He breathed quietly in her ear as both of them had staggered breaths.

"Did I do something wrong to make you feel like you couldn't come to me?" She asked in between sobs, feeling a bit guilty herself. However, her guilt was not stopping this before Jon went on the European tour.

"No, no you didn't. It's my fault. I wanted to protect you and not let you see my demons. I didn't want you or our baby to feel the pain I feel. But if anything, I caused you pain. I'm sorry, Mercedes. I'm sorry for not being good enough." Jon nearly sobbed while the two of them were still clinging on to each other.

"We're gonna get you help, okay? I need my husband. I need my Jon back. And our baby needs you. I know you can get through this baby. We're gonna get you help I promise." Mercedes staggered through some broken whispers and croaks in her emotional tone. Jon nodded his head, knowing that was his only option. He has to get better for his family, even if it would nearly kill him.