29

A week had passed since Mercedes was able to talk to her husband for the first time since he left for rehab. She was so happy to be able to talk to him. She was even able to talk to him more in the last week. Even with that, things were about to get more exciting.

"You got everything you need?" Mercedes asked Rebecca as she was helping her best friend and niece.

Rebecca had just gotten a call that Colby was awake and alert. He slowly was coming out of the coma over the last four to six weeks. There was little to no update or improvement up until the last four days. He knew his name and his wife, but not much other than that. It was a start to somewhere hopefully amazing with an eye opening recovery.

"I do! Are you ready?" The Irish woman replied as she was ecstatic to see her husband. Of course they were taking one week old Bryton with them. Rebecca was just curious to see how Colby would handle it with her. He wouldn't hold her yet obviously as he was still weak. However, he hasn't remembered that Rebecca was pregnant yet.

"Yes! Let's go see Colby!" She cheered as they loaded up in Mercedes' car and headed off to the hospital.

It didn't take long for them to get to the hospital. Mercedes helped get Rebecca and Bryton settled in his room. She waited out in the waiting area so the family could have some private time. Mercedes did not want to disrupt them or take away their privacy. It did make her a bit emotional to see her non biological brother awake once again. To a hopeful recovery for Colby.

+

"Alright sister! Do you wanna take a guess of what your baby is?" Ashley asked a couple days later.

Pam and Fergal, Ashley and Joe, along with Rebecca and newborn baby Bryton were at Mercedes and Jon's home. Even though Mercedes was reluctant, she gave in. They were doing a mini gender reveal party. She was twenty two weeks along anyways.

Mercedes was reluctant since Jon wasn't there. She didn't want to take anything away from him while recovering from his addiction. She also didn't know wether to wait until their baby was born to find out the gender or wait until Jon got home. He knew he'd be home right before Mercedes would give birth, but how soon was unsure.

Even though she was reluctant, she gave in. After all, it was a very sweet and kind gesture from her non biological siblings. They meant the world to her. She would do anything for any one of them. It felt good to have the same emotions reciprocated back to her.

"I'm honestly fifty fifty on what the baby could be. I'm happy with either though!" She grinned as Ashley placed a blindfold over her eyes.

They were doing a different style of a gender reveal. Mercedes had a blindfold on. She was also wearing a white shirt along with some simple blue jeans. Her friends had water guns with either pink or blue paint to squirt out of and on to Mercedes' shirt. That would reveal the gender of her and Jon's first baby. Ashley and Joe already knew the gender, so they were keeping it low that way no one would get suspicious.

"Ready?" Pam shouted as they all got their squirt guns.

"Let's do it!" Mercedes giggled while standing up and still.

"Alright! Three, two, one!" Rebecca shouted as they all squirted the paint at her. Mercedes squealed and shouted a bit before they were done.

"Take off the blindfold sis!" Joe chuckled as they were done with the squirt guns. Mercedes laughed a bit before taking off her blindfold. She looked down on her shirt to see herself covered in blue paint.

"Holy fuck, it's a boy! I'm having a boy!" She cheered with excitement while the five came up to hug her. She couldn't wait to tell her husband that they would be welcoming a sweet baby boy this summer.