Billy Hargrove: Hot choco

⚠ Warning: Swearing, homophobic behavior and child abuse 

A/N: This character comes from the show: Stranger Things.

______

Imagine that you find a hurt and damaged Billy in the park in the middle of the night and you decide to take care of him. 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

<<<(Billy's P.O.V)>>>

My father was yelling at me again. Throwing all kinds of filthy insults at me, just because according to him I looked at a boy in the wrong way. 

"You hear me faggot?! Don't you DARE polluting Max with your fag behavior!" He shouted in my face while hitting me. The physical pain was nothing compared to the mental damaged he did. 

"Yes sir." I whispered. God I hate that guy. He punched me in my face once again, before dragging me outside and throwing me out. 

It was quiet on the streets, which is not weird of course as it was 3 am. Most people were asleep during this super cold winter night. I had no idea how cold it was, but it was definitely freezing outside. I shivered when I walked bare feet on the streets. I only wore my white button up shirt and a pair of pants. I quickly buttoned up my shirt all the way to the top. It didn't help much against the cold, unfortunately. I hugged myself in attempt to keep myself warm while I walked to the park. I always go sit by the lake whenever father hurt me again. The moonlight shining on the water comforts me. 

When I arrived by the lake, to my surprise the bench where I usually sit on wasn't empty. A boy was reading in a book on my bench. MY bench. It made me angry. 

"Hey you!" I was referring to the boy. This caused him to look up from his book.

"You're in my spot."

<<<(Y/N's P.O.V)>>>

Call me weird, but I find the nights comforting. My life is pretty busy. My parents are almost never home, which means I have to take care of my 2 siblings. And it's almost like they both got ADHD, they got so much energy, it's exhausting for me. Don't get me wrong I love taking care of my younger siblings, just some time for myself is nice too. 

As I clearly don't get any ME-time during the day due to the kids and school, I sometimes go out in the middle of the night to read in the park. 

I don't really know for how long I was sitting on the bench by the lake. So caught up in my book I forgot the time. 

"Hey you!" Someone suddenly shouted. I looked confused up. 

"You're in my spot." The voice came from across the street. It was quite dark there, so I couldn't see who said it. 

I chuckled. "Last time I check your name wasn't on it." And I continued with reading. Before I knew it the guy grabbed my arm and threw me on the floor. 

"What the..." 

The guy sat down on the place I sat a few minutes ago. Now with his face in the light I recognizes him. It was Billy Hargrove the schools bully. Not really wanting to pick a fight with him, knowing I would lose, I picked up my book and silently walked away. I walked to another bench close to the one where Billy was sitting on now. 

Unfortunately the bench were Billy was sitting on was the only one close to a streetlight. Which ment I could forget about reading. So instead I decided to study him. He wore only a shirt and pants, which very few clothes, considering the temperature. I could see the bruises on his face. But at first I didn't think much of it, he must have gotten himself in a fight or something. After all he fights all time at school. The thing what actually worried me was the shimmer on his cheek. 

'Is he crying?'

"Hey? Are you okay?" I had no idea why I cared, he was no more than a bully. But secretly I felt like there was more to it than the eye can see. 

He huffed and turned away from me. "Leave me alone!"

I was debatting whether I should leave or help him. I slowly walked up to him.

I took of my jacket and handed it to him. "If you want a hot choco, I live in the first house around the corner. The one with the green mailbox."

He looked suprised at me, before throwing it on the floor. "I don't need your pity."

I simple shrugged and walked away. Leaving my jacket behind for him.

<<<(Billy's P.O.V)>>>

I stared with disbelieve at the jacket on the floor. It has been so long since anyone showed me any form of kindness. And I just turned him away.

I could slap myself for my stupid head. But I know accepting his help is weak.

I stayed for awhile longer in the park. It only became colder and the hot choco seem more attractive with every minute.

After some thinking I finally got up and grabbed the jacket off the floor. I quickly put it around me. At least it helped a little bit.

I walked to the house the boy told me about. The light in the living room was on, so someone is still awake.

I stood for the front door for like forever. Unsure if I should knock or just walk away and pretend none of this happened.

I was about to go with the last one, when the door swinged open, making me jump slightly.

"Are you going to stand there all night?" The boy stood in front of me with a smirk on his face.

I hesitated, but he grabbed me by the collar of the jacket and dragged me inside.

"Come on in Billy, I have hot choco ready in the kitchen."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

Please comment, vote and follow me.
Make sure to check my other stories too.

Also if you want a part 2, just let me know in the comments.
Thanks again for reading this, it means a lot to me. 😊

XXX Luna❤

Word count: 1040  ✦   30.10.2022