E. Aster Bunnymund: Losing faith

A/N: This character comes from the show: Raise of the Guardians.

______

Imagine that you always have believed in the Easter bunny, no matter what people say. You often got bullied for it, but you don't care. However this upcoming Easter it's almost like things are different.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

<<<(Y/N's P.O.V.)>>>

Yess! It's Easter again. My favorite time of the year is here. I love the joy of the children when I see they found eggs hidden by the Easter bunny. I love the fresh grass underneath my toes. And most of all, I love seeing him again. 

I blushed by the thought of finally seeing the Easter bunny again after an entire year waiting. I don't know why but he always comes to bring my Easter eggs in person. He has been doing so for the past 10 years.

I was skipping over the streets, humming a happy song. I looked around the street, thinking I would see lots of other happy faces and children with eggs, but I saw nothing but sad faces. 

"Hey, what is going on?" I asked to one of the kids. "There are no eggs this year." He said.

I looked confused at him. "What do you mean? Of course there are eggs. It's Easter." I smiled.

The children shook their heads. "Look for yourself. There is no such thing as the Easter bunny."

I couldn't believe my ears when they said that. "Wait come back." I would make them believe in him again. But they were already gone. I walked back home and I couldn't help but to think about what the kids said. 

I looked around the blocks and in the bushes while walking home. How much I didn't want to admit it, they were right. I couldn't find a single egg anywhere. "Maybe he's just a bit late." I said to myself in a convincing way, while I had a bad feeling about this. The Easter bunny was never late. 

"Or maybe I just don't look good enough, perhaps he hid them very good this year." I tried again and continued the search for eggs. 

After a couple of hours I still found nothing. "Come on..? One egg, please. I know you are real, why aren't there any eggs this year." I muttered while I looked underneath the thousands bush. 

Suddenly I was pushed to the ground by a group of older kids. "Hey!" I said while I tried to get up again. However before I could they tackled me and pinned me to the floor. "Look it's the loser who still believes in the Easter bunny." The oldest of the group said. 

He kicked me in my ribs. I whimpered in pain. "Which teenager still believes in fairy tales." Another kid said and he kicked me too.

"I know he's real, he comes to bring me my eggs every year!" I tried. They laughed at me.

 "Wake up mate! Look around you, there are no eggs."

"Loser." They kicked me one last time before they finally left. I laid on the floor, silently crying. 

After what seems like forever I finally managed to pull myself off the floor and drag myself home. I never felt so humiliated in my entire life.  

<<<(Bunny's P.O.V.)>>>

I walked painfully through the streets. It hurts so much knowing that no one could see me. I felt so depressed knowing that all the hope was gone. 

I was going to back to my warren when I heard a very familiar voice. The voice of my truest believer. 

"I know he's real, he comes to bring me my eggs every year!"

It came from really far away. I heard him crying as well. I ran as fast as I could towards the cries. 

"Y/n!" I shouted when I saw the bullies walking away from him. "Y/n are you okay?" He didn't respond and just laid there with his eyes full of tears. 

"I'm getting too old for this." He cried out. "No, no, you're never too old to believe." 

He shook his head and slowly got up. "Y/n? Please, I'm right here." I tried, but he walked straight through me. "Maybe they were right, maybe there is no such thing as the Easter bunny." He whispered sadly. 

No no no no NO, not my sweet and cute Y/n. I let out a sob when he couldn't see me either anymore. 

"Y/n please, I need you! I need you to believe!" I shouted at him while hopping after him. 

"Please..." I came out more desperate than I wanted it to be. 

<<<(Y/N's P.O.V.)>>>

When I got home I instantly went to bed. I hid my face in my pillow while I let the tears fall. I couldn't believe the Easter bunny didn't came this year. 

'Did he forget me this year? Did he forget all of us?' I whimpered by the thought. 

I stared at my empty basket when more tears fell down my cheek. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard someone knocking on my door. "Leave me alone." I shouted.

When the knocking didn't stop, I angrily opened the door. "What?"
I looked confused around when I didn't see anyone.

Must be a prank from one of my sibblings. I huffed and closed the door again.

When I turned around I looked shocked at the basket which was empty just a few minutes ago. It was now full with bright and colorful eggs. Stunned I walked to the basket and picked up a pink with purple egg. It was beautifully painted. 

"You like them? I painted them myself." I very familiar voice said. 

"Bunny?"

He hopped enthusiastically up and down. "You can see me, you can see me again." I quickly ran to him and hugged him. "I knew it. I knew you wouldn't forget me."

I planted a kiss on his snout, causing his cheeks to become slightly pink. "Cutie." And he blushed brighter. 

"I could never forget you." I smiled and hugged him tighter. 

"I will never lose faith in you again, I promise."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

Please comment, vote and follow me.
Make sure to check my other stories too.

Also if you want a part 2, just let me know in the comments.
Thanks again for reading this, it means a lot to me.😊

XXX Luna❤

Word count: 1056  ✦  14.10.2022