CHAPTER 1

When you look at the sky from now on, and see that the sun covers the moon, it is because the sun lies down on it and they begin to love each other. It is this act of love that was given the name of 

The Eclipse

........................................

It's always cold at night in the red light district of Bangkok, where sin and pleasure blend into one. The lampposts illuminate the streets through the thick fog, while neon from nearby shop windows add color to the darkness of the night.

But in the street of pleasure, the brightest light is the one that illuminates the entrance of Yok's Bar, the best place to find company when you're suffering from unbearable heartaches.

If your idea is to find magic at a high price, there is no better place to make your wildest dreams come true.

But for those who work here, the glitter, makeup and lingerie hide a deep need to survive in the least glamorous way possible. Selling their bodies for the delight of strangers.

It is there that between the cigarette smoke, the music and the leather suits, Porsche Kittisawasd carefully puts on black eyeliner under his eye, polishing his image before going out for his dance routine like every Friday.

"Porsche, we're out in five," said Pete, the chief of staff, whose job was to make sure the boys shined and bring in as much revenue as possible for the establishment. Despite his cute face, he doesn't have enough charm for the bar's select clientele.

He is not like Porsche that with its beautiful delicate features, dark skin, height and singular beauty make him number one and the most sought after among the most prominent clients. Because if Yok's Bar is the Mouline Rouge of the red zone, Porsche is Satine, the most desired star.

Like every Friday, he places oil on his bare skin and dresses in a black silk suit, placing on his head a headdress of black feathers, similar to a raven, without an ounce of hessitation as to why he does all this and sells his body to the highest bidder.

Every night before going on stage, before those strangers' hands ruthlessly touch him, he constantly repeats in his mind that he does everything for him, for his little brother Porschay.

When his parents died, his uncle brought him into this world at a very young age to pay off his gambling debts. Porsche did everything he could so that his brother did not suffer the same fate and accepted all the conditions imposed by Attee.

That's why, even though Porsche is now only 19 years old, he is already a veteran at what he does and is very good at it.

"10 seconds Porsche," Pete tells him with a smile, and he touches up the black feathers on his head before rushing out onto the stage, positioning himself behind the velvety red curtains as he awaits for the show to start.

The emcee, Yok, a mature transgender woman who liked to dress extravagantly in fur and diamond jewelry, started the performance, "Ladies and gentlemen. Yok's Bar is proud to present our most precious jewel. Give a warm round of applause to Phoenix!"

To the searing sound of applause from the impatient audience, the spotlight came on, the track to Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics began to play, the curtains parted, and Porsche immediately, with a single penetrating glance, had the attention of everyone in attendance in a second.

He really did have a talent for controlling everything around him just by using his engaging presence. It was not only the sensual movements of his body illuminated by the spotlight that captivated the audience, but the energy he transmitted, an intoxicating passion that left the holiest of spectators speechless.