BETTER ANGELS - CHAPTER 36

After four weeks, which were flooded by scandalous news about Tawan's suicide, the judge called to court again to put an end to the most mediatic case in recent decades.

"Is the lawyer for the deceased accused Tawan Vikairungroj here?" judge Raeter said as he signed some important documents.

"Yes your honor," said lawyer Cheng, who wore a black bow on the lapel of his suit as a sign of mourning for his client.

"Is the victim Porsche Kittisawasd here?" the judge asked again.

"Yes, your honor," prosecutor Ken Tanawakan responded.

"In regard of the recent events, the trial against Tawan Vikairungroj is dismissed and all penalties that could have been imposed on the accused as a result of his sensitive death will be extinguished," the judge and was about to sign the offical documents, when suddenly, he looked at Porsche tenderly and said something that took everyone by surprise, "However, the victim in this case deserves compensation for all the suffering that has been caused to him."

"What?" Porsche asked confused and Ken told him to keep quiet.

"As the accused Tawan Vikairungroj did not have close relatives, I consider it appropriate that in this case, the State as executor of the defendant's estate, in order to present financial compensation to the victim, designates the victim as sole benefactor of the accused inheritence, as well as the properties and shares in his name after the corresponding payment of legal expenses of both parties."

And looking at Porsche kindly, the judge said, "Nothing will be able to compensate for the damage caused and there will be no legal figure in the world strong enough to be able to give you back what you lost, but at least this way you will be able to receive, in a symbolic way, a tiny amount of retribution. "

He forcefully took the gavel and declared with two strong blows on the stand, "With this executive sentence, trial N324143 is closed."

"What does all this mean?" Porsche asked worriedly before the surprised voices of the audience.

"It means you're now a millionaire," Ken said with a smile, "All of Tawan's money and property, as well as Tawan's shares in Kinn's company, are now yours."

"What?" Porsche asked, confused.

"That now everything that belonged to Tawan, including Kinn, is yours," he said jokingly, but Porsche just closed his eyes, sighed heavily as if he were disappointed, and without saying a word left the courthouse with an afflicted face.

........................

"Does anyone know where Porsche went?" Porschay asked worriedly after several hours had passed after the trial's ruling. It was almost midnight without him answering his calls so he was afraid that he would get hurt.

"Someone has to know something about his whereabouts," Vegas said as he tried to contact authorities on his cell phone along with Ken, who looked extremely distraught.

"He's going to come back when he feels comfortable," Kinn said, taking everyone by surprise. His behavior was very unique since in the past he would be the first to go out looking for him like a desperate madman. But now he sat on the couch completeley calm.

"Are you serious?," Vegas asked confused, "What if he gets hurt again?"

"He won't do that," Kinn said with a smile. His friends didn't understand, when they saw his strange behaviors, that Kinn had promised himself to trust his beloved. So instead of being scared he preferred to look out the window as if he were waiting for Porsche to return.