CHAPTER 42

THE ECLIPSE

When you look at the sky from now on, and see that the sun covers the moon, it is because the sun lies down on it and they begin to love each other. It is this act of love that was given the name of the eclipse

................................................................

Is love all it takes to be happy? Is it enough?

As Porsche looked out the plane window, he wanted to convince himself that he was making the right decision and pondered whether he was really willing to do what it took to return to Kinn's side.

They both had sacrificed more than they were willing to bear for the love they professed for each other, but hadn't that destroyed the deepest and most innocent feelings in their hearts?

Porsche's suicide attempt, Kinn's murder...

There was too much darkness to haunt them for a lifetime. Would that darkness be enough to obscure the brightness of the love they shared?

Life had already put many tests along the way, too many as a matter of fact, to the point of making life almost unbearable. Porsche's constant rapes and Kinn's domestic violence since they were children could put out the flame of their strong feelings?

Would the memories destroy them?

Was the love they felt enough to overcome any obstacle?

Porsche already had his own dreams, just as Kinn had his own. Both were fighting for different goals in different countries and felt a strong responsibility to protect their families.

Could they ever be together if they put those goals aside?

As Porsche got out of the plane he realized that one thing was certain, a world without Kinn by his side would be more painful than anything he could imagine. He took his bags from the conveyor belts but suddenly, something in his heart told him that he was not ready, that time was not enough, that he lacked the emotional stability to face what was coming, and suddenly the desire to return to New York on the next flight invaded him.

He felt that he was worthless...

No...

He promised himself to trust himself and his decision. So he determinedly took the bags and got into the taxi in the direction of the SMC offices since he needed to see Kinn as soon as possible.

Upon arriving, his presence took everyone by surprise, but he only had one thought in his mind "I'm looking for Kinn, do you know where he is?

The secretary told him that his boss had gone on vacation for a few days and that he was giving himself some time, when suddenly Khun appeared by surprise, "Porsche? What are you doing here? Weren't you in New York?"

"I'm looking for Kinn," he told him with a smile as he put down his bags.

"He is not here," the older Teerapanyakul said sadly, "He told me that he wanted to see the sea, but no one really knows where he went."

Suddenly a sweet memory invaded Porsche's mind that made him smile with a warm look on his face that took Tankhun by surprise, "I know where he went"

"You do?," he asked, puzzled by the sudden sweet expression on the boy's face .

"Yeah Khun and I beg you to help me go get him back"

.........................

As he opened the door of the hotel room carefully, he stared at Kinn, who was smoking pensively on the balcony while he admired the landscape with a sad look. So Porsche approached slowly without him noticing his presence and carefully took the cigarette from his hands with a tender smile.