BETTER ANGELS - CHAPTER 32

Having to leave is the hardest thing we must do even if it is necessary. Changing environments, going to a strange place, meeting new people, starting over, can be overwhelming for those who have wrapped their lives around the well-being of others.

But as human beings, we must give ourselves the opportunity to start a new story for our own benefit and maybe, just maybe, distance ourselves from those who harm us (sometimes unconsciously) to focus on our own well-being.

Porsche once read that message in his self-help books when he was in New York, but he always thought that the distance would be temporary, so he did not give much importance to those words. But now, they echoed in his head as he packed his bags heading to an uncertain destination, far from Kinn and Porschay, to finally give himself a chance at life.

His thoughts were spinning in his head as he packed his things, only being interrupted by the sound of the television.

"The events in the Kittisawasd vs Vikairungroj trial have been some of the most controversial and alarming we have witnessed," said one of the commentators on one of the leading entertainment shows.

"It's true," said another commentator, "We all had such a clear image of Tawan but I never believed him capable of doing something like that. What happened with Porsche Kittisawasd was really tragic."

"And now we are waiting for the results of Tawan's psychological evaluation at the Bangkok Psychiatric Hospital," said the host of the program, "If his declaration of insanity is accepted by the jury he would have to spend his sentence in a center of detention and not in prison, although that may be the best conclusion, since he could be rehabilitated and improve his health. It would make me so sad to see someone so young and beautiful waste his life in such a terrible way."

Suddenly the television turned off, it was Vegas who had taken the remote control so that Porsche would not continue listening, "Stop watching this stupidity"

"How are you?" Porsche asked with a sweet look as his friend sat next to him.

"Good," Vegas said, although there was sadness in his eyes.

"How's Pete?," he asked worriedly when he saw Vegas's distressed face.

"Not good," said Vegas, "His health is getting worse by the minute and there are days when he seems to be recovering, but other days his life is on the line."

"Have faith," Porsche told him, holding his hand lovingly.

"Thank you," he said with a smile and then looked at his suitcases carefully before adding with sadness, "So you're going to leave?"

"I don't see a better option for my life," Porsche answered.

"I know," Vegas said, "Your life is not in Thailand."

"I never thought I'd leave like this," Porsche told him as he removed his clothes from the closet.

"Are you sure about what you're thinking of doing?," Vegas asked him, seeing him with a lost look as he carefully arranged the clothes.

"Yes," Porsche said, "But I didn't think it would be so hard."

Then he let out a couple of tears so Vegas came over and hugged him tightly. They both needed the comfort that their friendship gave them since they were going through hard times. They stayed like that until they heard someone come through the door.

"We brought the boxes for the dishes," Tankhun said from the living room along with a loud bang, "But I still don't know why it's necessary to do all this if you can buy everything new in New York."