BETTER ANGELS - CHAPTER 6

Note's from the author: I hope you like it. This is one of my favorite chapters.

.............................

Porsche woke up early that morning and although he had slept all night, he felt incredibly tired. The good thing was that now, unlike the past, he knew exactly what was afflicting him. It was depression.

The panic attack from the previous day was tormenting him and causing his brain to feel heavy. So he got out of bed as best he could, grabbed his antidepressant from the nightstand and went back to bed.

The feeling in his chest was overwhelming. He felt as if an elephant had lain on top of him and sapped all the energy in his body. He knew that he had to calm down since he couldn't let those emotions take over him, especially those self-destructive feelings that came back to his mind like poison.

Why did he have to continue suffering like this? Would there be any joy in his life one day? Would he forever be a victim? What was life worth...?

Enough, he knew he shouldn't let those feelings come back to put wrong ideas in his head.

But... It was difficult since the pain of depression is so unbearable that it is preferable to die than have to deal with it.

Suddenly little Venice entered the room with a huge smile along with Pete, who was carrying a tray with breakfast.

"Hello Porsche!" the little boy said happily and sat next to him on the bed. Porsche couldn't help but hug him and feel a little calm. Venice had become like a small little beacon of light that improved his mood.

"How are you feeling?" Pete asked.

"Fine," Porsche lied. He really didn't want to worry them with his negative emotions.

"Vegas told me that yesterday was a hard day," Pete told him while he caressed his hair tenderly.

"It was," Porsche said as he hugged him tightly seeking for comfort

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?"

"I know..."

"So I ask you again," said Pete, looking into his eyes with tenderness, "How are you feeling?"

Upon hearing him say that, Porsche immediately started crying, "I don't want to feel like this anymore, it hurts so much."

"Do you want me to call the doctor?" he asked worriedly.

"No," Porsche told him, drying his tears with a handkerchief that little Venice brought him when he saw him cry.

"Do you want me to call Kinn?" Pete asked, stroking his head soothingly.

"I don't want to worry Kinn unnecessarily," he told his friend as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"It's okay," Pete told him, "We'll stay in this room resting until you feel better. If you need to sleep, do so, but remember that we're here for you at any time."

"I don't want to sleep," Porsche told him, trying to calm down, "Those memories come back to my mind and torment me."

"Maybe we can watch a movie?," said little Venice, who had been attentive to their conversation, "That always cheers me up when I'm sad."

"Sounds good to me," Porsche said as he wiped the tears from his eyes. Seeing Venice's tender, hopeful face was truly refreshing.

So the little boy stood up from the bed and streamed a movie on Disney+ called Soul. That movie was beautiful as it talked about how wonderful it was to discover new things and find purpose in life.