BETTER ANGELS - CHAPTER 3

Porsche woke up suddenly due to the constant messages that came to his cellphone and caused him to wake up abruptly. In the haze of his dreams he had a difficult time finding the goddamn device in the darkness so he hit his chin on the bedside table which only ruined his mood more.

WHATSAPP

Kinn: Good morning.

Kinn: We arrived in Italy

Kinn: My love, we have already arrived at the hotel.

Kinn: Are you there?

Kinn: Why don't you answer?

Kinn: Is Vegas there?

Porsche called him immediately so that his cell phone would finally shut up and let him sleep,

"Kinn it's three in the morning," Porsche told his boyfriend angrily as he rubbed his leg, "Why are you writing like crazy?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention to the schedule," Kinn responded, somewhat embarrassed that he didn't take into consideration the time difference. In the background of the call, the noise of screaming fans could be heard. Most likely he was at a scheduled event with Porschay since Porsche could barely listen to what he was saying.

"Kinn you have to trust me or this isn't going to work," Porsche told him as he rubbed his eyes trying to adjust to the light of the lamp he had turned.

"I trust you," Kinn told him, somewhat nervously hearing him say that, "But I don't trust Vegas and I don't like you being at his house."

"Tell me something," Porsche said to him as he settled back on the bed trying not to lose sleep.

"What do you want to know?" Kinn asked with curiosity.

"Who loves you more than you can imagine?" Porsche asked him as if he were talking to a little child.

After a few seconds of thought, Kinn replied, "You."

"Then you have nothing to worry about, so please just let me sleep for god's sake," and then he hung up the phone so he could continue resting peacefully.

Kinn was actually more possessive than Porsche had initially thought and for someone who in his life never had to give reasons to no one, he found it exhausting. But then again, he never had a real partner before so he didn't really know if his attitude was normal since he had nothing to compare it with.

He preferred not to think about his boyfriend's jealous fits and rather closed his eyes for a couple more hours until a peculiar sound that he never thought he would hear in Vegas's house woke him up immediately and filled him with confusion.

It was the laughter of a little child...

Porsche stood up from the bed with curiosity and walked out of his room into the hallway when suddenly a small child bumped into him.

"I'm sorry, sir," said the little boy who looked like he was barely 9 years old.

"Who are you?" Porsche asked, confused to see a child of that age in an adult man's apartment without supervision at that time of the morning.

"Venice, breakfast is ready!" Vegas yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm coming," the boy said before giving Porsche a huge smile as he skipped towards the kitchen.

Porsche followed the little boy closely, somewhat nervously, observing attentively the little boy's behavior and his interaction with his host.

"You're awake," Vegas told Porsche with a smile as he saw him walk through the kitchen door, "I really didn't want to bother you after what happened yesterday so I assumed you wanted to sleep. I'm sorry we woke you up."