CHAPTER 16

Kinn's attitude toward Porsche had changed radically and seemed more cordial by the day. They couldn't call it a friendship, but it was more bearable. They spoke to each other respectfully, didn't argue, and focused on the most important job in front of them, Porschay's career.

By changing his brother's schedule and modifying his dates with his clients, he had a couple more hours to sleep. However, from time to time he needed a greater stimulus and there was no other option than the one Sheryl had proposed to him.

But the drug made him feel dirty because it reminded him of his fucking uncle, the drug addict who, whenever he could, would empty his pocket to buy that white crap.

Would he end up the same? No, that would never happen, he would not allow it.

"You've got something white on your face," Pete said, seeing the powder mark on his lip as they both rode the bus to the SMC offices to work on the choreography for Porsche's new music video.

"It's nothing," Porsche said, trying to wipe it off with the back of his hand.

"Don't use that stupid thing Sheryl gave you," his friend said as he took a refreshing eye drop out of his backpack.

"Only today, I'm just very tired," Porsche said with a smile, taking what his friend handed him to take the red color out of his eyes a bit.

"That drug doesn't take away your tiredness, just the feeling of tiredness," Pete said concerned, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder, "And eye drops can't take away your dilated pupils."

"I know, but I don't know what else I can do, I need as many clients as I can this month" Porsche answered, closing his eyes for a moment for the liquid to take effect, "If I don't manage to get 5,000 for the loan I'm going to lose the house and I already have two installments late."

"You really need another job," Pete said worriedly.

"There is no other job that will pay me enough for the monthly expenses, if there were, I would do it," he replied with an air of sadness as he pressed the stop button on the bus.

"That's right," Pete replied, "But havent you thought about asking Yok for a loan?"

"I already owe her more than 8,000 for the tuition I paid for Porschay's school," Porsche said.

"And now that the dwarf isn't studying...," Pete said angrily as they got off at the bus stop in front of the offices, "It was such a waste of money."

"Don't call him dwarf," replied the call boy as he entered the security code to enter the offices, "Besides, I've already asked the school for a refund and they'll help me with the difference, but I'll only be able to recover 3,000"

They both walked down the hallways as they continued their conversation and Pete asked him, "Isn't there a way you can send Porschay to work with Yok as a waiter? Maybe he can get the difference?"

"Are you crazy?!," Porsche yelled, annoyed at his friend suggestion since he couldn't even imagine such a thing, "It's my problem and I don't have to hurt my brother."

"Your problems are important," said Pete, holding him by the shoulder and looking into his eyes tenderly.

"No, my problems don't matter," he replied furiously after listening to his friend's insensitive comment but suddenly a familiar pair of hands grabbed his arm.

"What problems?" It was Kinn who had apparently arrived at the office at that moment and heard their conversation.

"It's nothing, don't worry," Porsche told him with a fake smile, but Kinn took his chin for a moment and looked into his eyes.