BETTER ANGELS - CHAPTER 22

TRIAL DAY 3

WHO IS PETE?

Pete, his best friend, was working all this time with Korn Teerapanyakul, his biggest enemy. Porsche tried to convince himself that Tawan's words were pure deceptions, but for some strange reason everything he said made sense, so he couldn't help but listen to his testimony carefully.

"Was this bodyguard in charge of the child?," lawyer Cheng asked.

"Not at first," Tawan said, "His main job was undercover in the red light district regulating the Teerapanyakul family's businesses, mainly those carried out irregularly by Yok Saetang in his bar. "

"Porsche Kittisawasd's boss," lawyer Cheng added.

"That's right," Tawan said, "She had started auctioning off at-risk minors a few years ago behind Khun Korn's back in an event called the Night of the Angels. Khun Korn didn't like that so he sent Pete to investigate and keep him informed of these events."

"Was Korn Teerapanyakul against these auctions?" the lawyer asked.

"Khun Korn didn't care that children were being auctioned at these events. What mattered to him was that Yok was taking money from him and was attracting a lot of attention from the authorities. He didn't want to leave any loose ends so he sent his trusted bodyguard to investigate how much money she was stealing from him," Tawan said.

"Was it at that time that Korn Teerapanyakul gave him the child?," the lawyer asked.

"Sometime after those auctions started he gave the child to Yok and his bodyguard," Tawan said, "Pete protected the boy until Khun Korn's death but when the money stopped after his death, Yok wanted to auction the boy on the Night of the Angels. Fortunately the little one was rescued before that happened."

"Where is the child now?" asked the Judge.

"I really don't know right now," Tawan replied.

"What happened next?" asked the lawyer.

"Korn was at peace because after Kinn and I ended our relationship on bad terms, his father had complete control over his life," Tawan said sadly, "But everything changed when Pete informed him of Kinn's relationship with Porsche."

"Did Pete inform Korn about Porsche?," Vegas couldn't believe what he was hearing. If that were true, he would be partly responsible for what happened to Porsche at the hands of his uncle.

"What did Korn Teerapanyakul do when he found out about Porsche?" the lawyer asked.

"He told Pete to keep an eye on him. At first he was just watching them since Kinn started their relationship by paying for Porsche's services as a male escort so Khun Korn didn't give it much importance," said Tawan and upon hearing those words the audience immediately began to murmur so the the judge had to insist again that they remain silent.

After the interruption, Tawan continued, "But when the relationship became more serious, Pete began working undercover as a choreographer alongside Porsche's brother to keep an eye on their relationship so he could report firsthand to Khun Korn. When things between Kinn and Porsche escalated, they decided to bring me back."

"What do you mean he brought you back?" asked the lawyer.

"He called me while I was abroad," and memories of that call from Korn Teerapnayakul more than two years ago returned to Tawan's mind.

....................

"I still can't believe Kinn took these photos," Tawan said on the phone while flipping through Vogue magazine that had the publication of Porsche and Kinn's advertising campaign for Balmain.