CHAPTER 39

"Hold the ball tight and squish it," said Porsche's physiotherapist as they went through their rehabilitation therapy. When he cut his veins, his tendons were also compromised, so he had to do exercises to regain mobility in his hands.

But every movement was painful and he took deep breaths to stop himself from crying out. The only thing keeping from screaming was that Kinn was by his side, accompanying him throughout the recovery process.

Since he woke up Kinn hadn't left his side and watched over him like a hawk. He didn't leave him alone for a single second.

The psychiatrist had told Porsche that this reaction was normal given the fear that Kinn felt that something bad would happen to him again, but in reality that only made Porsche feel worse since deep down he knew that the risk of hurting himself again was not the only reason behind his sudden change in character.

No matter how much he repeated to Kinn that he wouldn't hurt himself again and that he felt better thanks to the psychological therapy, he didn't leave him alone for a moment, making him feel as if he had lost his freedom.

"I see that the left hand is still a bit stiff since the injuries were more significant, but it is improving favorably. Of course you still have to wear bandages on both wrists," the physiotherapist said with a smile as she covered his injuries

"Alright," Porsche said with a smile but he couldn't help but feel guilty while he saw the scars on his wrists. What he did was the worst thing he could have done in his life since the person he hurt the most was himself.

"And how have you been feeling emotionally?" she asked kindly.

"Stronger," Porsche said sweetly as Kinn watched him intently, hoping for some out-of-place reaction that would give some indication that he really wasn't feeling well.

"That's great to hear. Keep up the good work and I'll see you on Friday," she said with a smile and left the room to finish with the insurance paperwork.

Porsche took his jacket and was about to put it on in order to leave when Kinn said, "I won't be able to be with you later so Porschay will join you in the afternoon."

"He said he was busy today so actually I was planning to wait for both of you at the house with dinner," Porsche said with a smile.

"I'd rather he be with you," Kinn said with a serious look, avoiding his gaze as he typed something on his phone.

But Porsche, after hearing him say that, got annoyed, "Do you think I can't take care of myself?"

"It's not that," Kinn said, looking nervous after seeing the angry look on Porsche's face, "It's just that I'd rather have someone stay with you until you're a little better."

"Two months have passed and I was receiving therapy in a psychiatric hospital," Porsche told him angrily, "I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself alone. When are you going to realize that I can control my emotions?"

"You don't get it," Kinn said, angry as he put on his own jacket, avoiding his face.

"What is it that I don't understand?" Porsche asked, getting angry as well and holding his arm tight, demanding an answer.

"Forget it!," Kinn yelled, getting loose of his grasp, trying to avoid a fight.

But Porsche was tired of his treatment lately. Kinn had been avoiding any confrontation with him and just treated him with chopsticks as if he was a porcenal doll so he grabbed his arm again with rage,"Answer me!"

But Kinn got furious and just looked at him with a look that confused Porsche, between furious and sad, as he yelled, "You didn't go through everything I went through when I almost lost you!"