32. Group Project

AMY'S POV:

Oh fish!

I'm late. I washed my face, and got changed. I make a messy bun as I don't have time to brush and braid my hair. I put jam on a slice, push my scarf in my bag, and grab my folder file.

15 minutes later, I was running outside my house with a slice of bread in my mouth. What a beautiful way to start a day!

It was midnight when I got home safe and sound... and happy as three of them dropped me off in front of my house like a damn Cinderella.

I took the medicines and fell asleep, that's why I didn't woke up early. Well, I'm not an alarm clock person. As I don't sleep or even though I fell asleep I automatically woke up at dusk.

Anyhow I managed to get college in time. I was running to my first class when I saw a stupid girl with an umbrella in front of me. I tried to pass by her when she turned around to face me.

"Joy?"

"Hey Amy."

"What are you doing here with an umbrella?" I asked and looked up to see the clear sky. There was no sign of any clouds.

"Why are you in hurry?" She asked back "Our first class got cancelled again. I've texted you. You didn't check?"

"No I didn't. I just hastily came after seeing the damn clock." She laughed at me and advised me to make it a habit to check the cellphone as a first thing in the morning. I just nodded. "So, what's with the silly umbrella?"

"Oh this! Well, my today's horoscope says that I got showered on." She said and I just made a face.

"Who in the world believe in horoscope!?"

"Me!"

"Visibly." I glanced up at her damn umbrella.

We were walking together and she put her umbrella on me too. Some students glanced and smiled to see us. I gave a side eye to Joy who smiled knowingly. I just rolled my eyes. Always the weirdest people around me!

"Hi senior!" A little girl came to say hi to me, four more girls followed her. Joy raised a brow in question.

"Hey Junior?" I'm not sure if I've seen them before. As if they know what I'm thinking they started almost together

"We were in the class yesterday."

"Oh kayyy!" Now I don't want to see their happy faces.

"We were in your class." Another one excitedly said "The mock-lecture."

Oh, now I know where this is going. And I don't want to remember anything related to yesterday - good or bad. I even cut the yesterday's date from my calendar as if it didn't exist.

"How can I help you?" I asked halfheartedly.

"Oh nothing, we just came to say hi!"
"You look beautiful by the way!"
"Yeah, we didn't realize that it was you at first."
"You changed your hairstyle?"

They speak one after one without giving me a second to reply or react to any of that. I think they were messing with me by complimenting my hairstyle.

"Thanks. Anything else! Why are you not in your class!?" I pretended to scold them like a teacher while placing my hands on my waist. They just giggled together.

"You are awesome!"
"Yeah, total girl crush!"
"I fell for your swag."
"Everyone in first year was talking about you and your style."
"Yeah and I've read some texts of regrets in our chat group."
"OMG! me too."
"Everyone who doesn't appear yesterday were feeling sorry for themselves as they missed a rocking lecture."
"Yeah and I've read a post of some freshmen. Asking for another lecture from you."
"Yeah that post gets more than two hundred likes already."
"Are you free next week?"