39. Bustling Life

Vegas's POV:

Meeting was quite good. At least my archenemy didn't irritate me that much.

I was going back to buy the things my sister asks for...
The word still tastes weird on my tongue.

Nop was looking at me from time to time in rearview mirror. Before he makes me more annoy, I ask.

"Nop?"

"Yes sir?"

"Are you curious about something?"

"N-no. I mean yes sir!"

"So, what is it?"

"Ummm... Who is she? I mean Miss Amy." Even though he asked hesitantly, I knew what was going on in his head since morning.

"She's my junior in college." I said flatly. He nodded but didn't said much. I was looking at my cell phone when he asked again.

"Is she in danger?"

"?" I lifted a brow.

"I saw the blood and bandages on her forearm. And this morning, I saw the cut on the back of her hand too. That looked quite painful..." He was speaking his mind. And I was slightly surprised by him, usually he didn't dare to so more than two sentences to me.

"Yeah, she's in danger. But not for too long, I'll handle everything." I rubbed my forehead.

"I want to help too." I heard his little voice.

"Why? Do you like her?" I asked a little amused by my bodyguard.

"Yes, she's a nice little girl." Did he just smile!

I'm not mad as he said it in a more uncle-like way... my guard is a few years older than me so I know in what way he was saying he liked her. 

Well, I like her too, in a brotherly way. I half smiled at him.

"Yeah, she's a nice silly girl..." I murmured to myself.

.

We were near the stationary shop when Pete called.

[Hello!]

"Pete?"

[I can't find her anywhere...]

He shouted on the other side.

"What do mean?"

[I go to her room to see if she's awake so we can have lunch together but...]

"What happened?"

[I checked the whole area. I asked the guards outside but she's not anywhere.]

He was a little panicking.

"Did you check the bathroom?"

[Yeah, I did. She not there.]

"Wait what? Did you check it! Pete she's a girl!!! How can you just barge into..."

[Excuse me, I know. I'm not stupid. I freaking knock for like ten minutes. Then I thought she might be fainted or something... I didn't have the choice.]

"..." He had a point. If I was in his place I probably would do the same... in just five, actually three minutes. Maybe one... damnit!

[I ask the kitchen lady and other servants about her. They were confused to hear about the girl in the house.]