105. Crazy Peacock!

Dear reader,

I'm grateful to have 31.1K views. Means a lot. Have a nice read!

Gracias,
A.S.Styles^^

****

A long long time....
Or maybe just a year ago.

Author's POV:

"Aren't you going to the charity event?" Khun asked to his dad.

"Not this time."

"Why? Are you sick?"

"You can say that." Dad sighed, making Khun worried.

"How so? It must be serious to make you pass your favourite event.. I remember you were so excited about this just a few days ago." Khun said thoughtfully. "Can I do something for help?" He asked out of politeness.

"You will?" Dad sounds surprised for some reason. "Then can you go there in my place?" He looked at his elder son in hope.

"Nahh I'll pass.." Khun wavers his hand, making his dad sighed in disappointment. Whatever he expects from this son, who's all talk but zero action.

"No need to sigh. Sighing reduced the year of one's life." Khun said pointedly. "Also you know I don't go out to socialise with people."

The first sentence makes his dad furrows but the second one makes him nod lightly in understanding.

"But I can make Kinn go." Khun offered with his chin lifted up. Being the elder brother, he can make the younger siblings do anything he wants.

"Thank you son. I can do that too. But Kinn is busy with something else." Dad replied, knowing how much his second son is working in his place. Kinn almost took all of the business burden on his shoulders.

"Then I'm afraid there's nothing else I can do. Either you get healthy or forget about those virtuous events." Khun advised casually.

"Actually..." Dad started, ignoring his son's advice "There's something you can do."

"And that is....?"

Dad took a moment before uttering the single word.

"Marriage."

"What?" Khun sat straight, not believing his ears. "You want to remarry? At this age!!!"

"..."

"Oh don't feel disheartened. Sorry I overreacted. No need to ask for my approval. You have my blessings." Khun put his hand over his dads'.

"Shut up!" Dad snatched his hand.

"Oh!" Khun was taken aback. Perhaps he was showing too much support to his dad's decision.

"I was talking about your marriage." Dad pressed the word 'your'.

"Excuse me?" Khun stood up at once and put his hands on his waist.

"Why are you so surprise? At your age your mother and I were already married. So why don't you do the same?"

"Exactly why would I do the same!?"

"Well I'm getting old. And I would like someone to accompany me at home. Someone who can join me at the charity events."

"Great fantasy but it's a NO from me."

"Why?"

"Marriage is not a solo thing. I can think... perhaps eventually like the idea but alas!" Khun made a sad face "I don't have anyone to whom I can give my surname or even think about spending my life with.."