61. The Basement!

Tankhun's POV:

I know I'm doing something stupid to take her all the way down to the basement. But she needs to see what we are, what our world is, what is behind our handsome masks..

I went downstairs and she followed me behind, a little hesitantly.

I stopped at the last step, narrowed my eyes at the door.
Is it too late to go back!?

"Did you see a cockroach!?" She whispered while peeking above my shoulder.

"Yes!" I lied just to scare her for no good reason.

It would be funny if she shouted like a girl and jumped to hug me.. hehe.

"Move! I'll crush it under my sneakers." She folded her sleeves up as if readying for a fist fight with a damn roach.

"..." I was utterly dumbfounded.

"Don't worry! I'll protect you. I've kill tuns of them for my little devil. He hates insect. But that doesn't matter..move!" She was blabbering over my shoulder with so much determination that I wanted to laugh out.

Now I wanted to take her all the way... Let's see how brave she could be to survive in my world.

"It's gone." I said and took the last step to a dusty-rusty heavy door of the damn basement.

I opened the door and clenched my jaw with the nostalgic feeling. I wanted to take a deep breath but didn't as this place was filthy as hell.

I was the first to step in... Obviously.

Another red light room.

I looked around the room... old walls and pillars, paint was peeled off and looked uglier than ever.

She stood right beside me that our arms touched for a second as she was looking around too.

"What is this place?" She asked hesitantly.

"It is...." I trailed off as I saw a familiar pillar.

I walked towards that and knelt down one knee..

I touched two letters with my index finger.

-TK-

I smiled at that..

"Are you okay?" I felt a touch on my shoulder.

I stood up at once.

"Yes!" I said honestly.

"Then what is this!?" She touched my face with a finger and showed it to me.

"This is....." I think for a second while staring at the drop.

"A tear." She helped.

"Yes." I blurted out accidentally making her eyebrows furrowed.

She looked... weird in red light with her face covered in bangs and shadow fall all over her face. Her dark eyes were shining in red light.

I would get scared as hell if she appears in my dreams like this. I don't want her to be a nightmare. Haha.

"Are you afraid of dark places? If you don't like this place we can leave.." she said softly making me blink.

Like seriously I freaking lived here for a few days.. or weeks.. I don't remember. Tsk!

"I'm fine. You want to see more?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"There's more?" She looked around the huge room.

I smirked as this is just the first room. The basement is vast as it is under the damn minor mansion.