Spreading Rumours

Walking besides Mrs

Walking besides Mrs. Park, Y/n accompany her down the flower garden. Heart at ease, the young Queen turns to the older Queen, a smile lifting her features when she finds the woman looking out to the blooming flowers with longing in her eyes. She must miss her husband.

Y/n has never asked about him. Partially because she thinks she is asking too much, the only thing she knows is that he is still alive and out in the world somewhere. And judging by how Jimin never talks about him, there seems to be some kind of tension between father and the son. They are not ready to talk about him and she respects that. She can relate cause she is also not ready to speak out a few things to them too.

"My Queen." She calls the older woman.

The woman turns her head towards her and upon the sight of curiosity in the younger's eyes, she can not help but chuckle. "You should have gone with him." Her laugh melts into a soft expression. "Cherish every moment with your loved one. You would not even know it and fate will take them away from you."

Y/n blinks, staring at the woman. "Why must you think that..?" She mumbles, cheeks turning shy as she thinks about Jimin.

The woman smiles gently. "Cause he has been gone for barely one hour and you already look so lost without him."

She burst into flames of red even more, body turning even smaller in its place. Is she that obvious? She peeks up at the woman over her lashes. "I wanted to give him time alone with his friend. It has been awhile since he met her."

"And what about you, my innocent child? Would you not miss him when he is gone?" Mrs. Park questions, and Y/n tenses up a bit. Is it time already to tell her about the new plan?

The young woman fidgets nervously in her place. "I decided to accompany him." Lips pursing after the confession, she awaits the reaction.

The older woman's eyes widen, staring at Y/n who instantly feels the weight of guilt falling over her shoulders. "I went to meet the last man remaining down in the dungeon yesterday." So she jumps in to explain. "He gave me quite the stressful and devastating news about my throne. My empire is in shambles and I have to go back."

The woman listens, a sighs leaving her as she stares at the young woman. "It is fine. I had an idea about it."

"You did?" Y/n wonder, heart calming down when she does not see any disappointment in the woman's face.

Actually, the older woman is smiling slightly at her, a defeated look in her eyes. "I had a feeling about it the moment I saw you enter the room this morning with a distressed look on your face."

Y/n can only gap at the moment. Has she become this soft and apparent? Or is it just Mrs. Park's gaze that is sharp enough to read her like an open book?

"Your mother was not from a noble family. But she loved the lands of Korea. She worked hard and learned, made herself worthy enough to stand and rule besides your father. She wanted to have a safe land for her people and her family. I am sure she is very proud to see her daughter like this, independent and strong. Just like her." Putting a warm hand on Y/n's arm, she squeeze her with tenderness.