How You Like That

Jimin shifts the weight of his body from one leg to another, gaze set ahead at the closed giant portal of the palace. He and his fiancé, accompanied by some of his most trusted sailors wait for the gates to open on them, his mother no doubt standing on the other side, waiting.

He knows she is nervous. He can feel her warmth all the way up from where he stands.

Y/n stands a few feet behind him, doing nothing but keeping an eye on his state. She noticed the way he shifts and rakes a hand through his ocean hair continously. He looks adorable this way, excited to meet his mother. She can only wish to be in his place, waiting to meet her own mother.

But her faith is not written that way. She is going to stay lonely all her life.

Taehyung, who had his eyes on her from the beginning leans in a little over her ear and whispers. "He is anxious."

Y/n is snapped out of her haze at his voice and turns her head slightly his way in acknowledgment.

"It’s been eight years." He informs, assuming she will turn to face him and talk to him. However, he only receives a nod from her.

He bites his lips, gulping down the lump of guilt building in his throat. Of course he feels guilty, he was the one who found her by the shore three months ago. Only he knew how empty her eyes were of trust back then. The only thing not lacking in them was her yearn for warmth. She begged silently for a miracle to show up and swipe her off her feet and take her away from the dungeon which injured her wings.

Her enormous, beautiful, velvet, snow wings which dragged behind her as she walked, the ones that would leave them all speechless if she decided to show them off. He sometimes would doubt that maybe she hid them, not wanting the world to bow down before her, maybe she wants to keep them hidden so they can be safe and whenever she wants, in those quiet, slow nights, she will let them go and fly away to take a troll all over the starry sky and the dark clouds. Her shiny, long hair and beautiful dress swaying behind her as she flies, her dimpled smile adoring her pretty face.

All he can do is lay down in his bed at nights and imagine as she takes a deep breath in between all the stars.

The creeking of the giant wooden portal finally cries out, the chains that hold it in its place letting go as the door slowly slides down. Y/n notices how protected the whole kingdom is from all four directions and is left impressed by the amount of different farms she saw on her way to the palace. It is indeed true that they create their own food compared to trading from other kingdoms. There were small shops on the way that took her breath away, decorated with pretty flowers and sweet smelling bakeries.

Busan is truly beautiful. But is there any point to it. If a place does not feel like home then there is no point for it to be beautiful.

Jimin feels like home. He is home. And if he leaves then there is no point.

But she will stay cause she gave him her word. Just like he listened to her choice and released Yeonjun, she will listen to him and stay. No matter how long it will take him to comeback. Months, years or maybe never, she will learn to live this life.

No matter how much she wants to scream right now and cry, and run, from all of this. She will let her heart die if she wants to. But she will stay.

The door finally rests before their feet and Y/n sees a couple of well dressed guards standing on the other side, surrounding a lady dressed in a long gown.

Jimin's figure instantly goes rigid as millions of emotions wash past him at once. It has really been eight years. He was so afraid that he would forget the calming scent of her skin.