Abundant Queen

"I will stay in your kingdom."

Eyes wide as they watched, every breath is stuck in the base of their throat and the moment ceased silence. It is like horror that downed over the sailors and their captain.

She is leaving.

The princess named for their captain, the queen who brought softness upon the captain and the ship, the woman who is a lucky charm to them all.

Written in the pirate rule, a woman is considered bad luck for the sails, said to bring misfortune and adversity upon a ship. But she is a miracle. A charm which prevented so many terrible things from happening.

She had been the cause of fortunes for them. But now, she is leaving..

Why? What is the cause of her wanting to leave?

"I will stay. As long as you want me to." A promise is sealed from her lips.

Jimin stares at her with widening eyes, the string on his chest pulling at his heart.

"But." She pauses. "You have to do something for me." She made sure her voice did not shake while saying this.

She needs to be strong. Even if she is not. She can not show him how weak from inside she felt. He can not know how much she wanted to drop her shoulders and let her tears fall as she melted into his warm embrace.

Jimin wishes he can understand what is going through her head. What happened that she suddenly decided to rest on his kingdom when she had been ignoring the idea from the moment he mentioned it to her.

The small part of the him that did know and was aware was fully confirmed when her eyes look up behind him at the highest mast.

Yeonjun.

Her eyes turn back to link his and they looked nothing but determined. "Let him down. Forgive his mistakes. Decline his punishment. Treat him like how you used to and I will stay."

Jimin stares at her as his eyes turn more sorrowful. Tilting his head slightly, he whispers. "Such a big sacrifice, little mermaid."

Y/n stares back with a straight face but only her eyes cried with salty tears. "Anything for innocence."

Jimin closed his eyes and took a deep breath, anything that will stop him from stepping closer and taking her in his arms. Everyone watched him, frozen in place as they await his orders.

His eyes cracked open and they turned down cast. Shoulders slumping, he slowly nods, surprising everyone by agreeing to let go of a sinner who caused damage onto his ship and his crew.

Y/n released a deep breath as she watched him wave some sailors over towards Yeonjun, silently ordering them to get the boy down from the upper mast.

Jimin backed away as he gazed at her longingly. He had informed her a while back that he would be leaving her in his kingdom. He knew he had to. But now, as she stood before him, agreeing that she would stay, terrifies him. Three months she had been gracing the wood of his black pearl and now, she would be gone suddenly.

The ship will weep for days at her absence and he, who had become so used to gazing upon her everyday, became obsessed over her pretty eyes, the scent adoring her body, the softness of her hair and just, her in every way. He will be devastated when he will not find her by his side. But then again, she is far more safe in his kingdom than the ship. That is after all the reason she has to leave.

He is afraid she would get hurt if she stayed longer in the ship. The war is brewing right now. He can feel it. And in no time, they will burst to attack and god forbid, if something happened to her, then he can not live with the weight of it. He himself would drag his own body deep into the Devy Jones locker if he allowed something like that to happened.