Black Pearl

The shouts of the sailors from behind her made her even more tense, hearing them order around and give each other helping hands to save the ship from getting more caught in the webs of fire.

Y/n watch as Jimin examine the fire, the muscles on his jaw clinching in anger and confusion.

Who would have that much guts to attack the king of the sea? Hell, where are they?

"Shit." The male spits, racking a rather rough hand through his hair, he turns towards her.

Just as he does, Taehyung comes flying from one of the mast, a rope carrying his weight as he safely lands on the deck.

"Taehyung, take Y/n to the cabin and keep her safe." He orders sternly and Taehyung nods.

Y/n looks at him, bewildered. "Wait what?"

The male turns to her, his hard eyes instantly softening into fluffy brown. "Mermaid, we have to keep you safe. I promised your father, other than that, i promised you too."

Y/n stares at him, her eyes wide and wondering.

No wonder he stays successful, no wonder his sailors are genuine with him.

He was a man of his words. He was the captain of the ship.

He was, afterall, the king of all the seas.

The female inhales and nods without more questions. "Stay safe." She whispers before turning back where then Taehyung leads her down the stairs and into the protected zone of the captain's cabin.

The ship sways from left to right as sailors work their way to cool down the seething fire.

The sailors move away themselves when she pass them, Taehyung's limb spread out to keep her inside the barrier of his arms as he lead her away from any push.

Y/n examines all the work the sailors were going while on the way, admiring how they all worked together to fill up buckets of water they have preserved to throw at the fire that seems to have spread on both sides on the ship.

Though no matter how angry the fire looks, it did not succeed on parting the bond of the ship, nor did it succeed on burning the wood.

She is guided inside the cabin by Taehyung who then immediately close the door and lock it.

"What is happening?" She finally questions.

Taehyung adjust his loyal sword in his side and look out the closed balcony born in the room. "No idea. It was unexpected. No one saw it coming, not even the cap."

"So are we.. attacked?" She choose her words as she walks towards the bed.

Taehyung flicks a sweat away from his throat. "Surprising, is it not? No one dares to question the Captain. Whoever it was sure has the guts."

Y/n drops her shoulders and place herself on the edge of the bed.

The captain currently was out there, on the open air, doing his best to fight the fire and she could not help but get anxious over the situation.

She did not know why she felt worry towards him? It can be the fact that he has promised to keep her safe or it can also be the fact that he was her fiance.

Hands knitting with each other, she turns to him. "Are you not suppose to be out there?"

Taehyung looks away from the balcony and towards her small figure that sat in the bed. "Can not." He whispers as he starts to amble towards her.

"I have to look after you. Captains orders." He reminds and place his figure next to hers.

Y/n looks at her side and instantly notice the gap he puts between them.

He has grown so distant.

"Will they control the fire?" She question again while pointing towards the closed door.

"Such curiousness all the time, little precious." Taehyung breaths out a chuckle and goes to rest his elbows on his knees. "Do not worry, they will and even before that, the ship itself will push the fire away."

Y/n stares at his side profile, his jaw sharp and gleaming like knife under all the little stubbles of hair his jaw has grown over time.

She is not surprised as to why those ladies were all over him the day they met. He had the face and the body.

"Indeed the ship that speaks." She whispers, not looking away from him.

His long eyelashes links as he blinks. "I am quite surprised that you know about the Black pearl."

Y/n nods. "I have. Though i would be lying if i said i am not horrified from all those stories."

Taehyung smiles, his gaze dropping down to his hands as he nods back. "Understandable. But you do not have to dread the ship for its loyalty. As a matter of fact, it actually likes you alot."

Y/n lets out a gentle scoff. "Yeah and if it did not like me, it would have thrown me away in the ocean a long time ago."

"Hm, it would have, trust me." He jokes, turning to send her a side glance.

The female rolls her eyes. "But it does not. See, i am that irresistible."

Taehyung licks his lips as his eyes stare at her for a little while.

The female stares back, but rather than his unblinking eyes, hers blinks back innocently.

"You are." He states before finally looking away.

The female furrows her brows at the sudden words and moment before he speaks again.

"You can say the ship is the half heart of the cap. It accepts everything he does and you are no exception. You are dear to the cap and that means that you are now dear to this ship too." He explains and she listens intently.

"Seriously, did you not hear the growl the ship let out the first time you stepped into the wood of this ship?" He asks her, face holding curiousness.

Y/n turns back to the first time she was so close to the ship. She remembers quite blurry that the ship shook when she place her foot inside it. At that time, she literally thought that she was that heavy for a giant ship to move like that.

But now to think about it, it shook because it was growling.

It was expressing its joy.

The single thought makes a smile to break into her face.

'So precious.'

"Well.. you now know that not only the cap or the sailors have your back, this ship will protect you too."

Y/n nods at his words, now feeling slightly contented.

She glance at him and find him still staring back at her. Her head tilts to the side but finds him blank.

He was lost in his thoughts again and her lips part, going to question what was the matter with him when the door suddenly burst open, breaking the lock in its way.

Both flinch and Taehyung immediately gets to his feet, his sword rubbing against the iron holder on his side as he swings his weapon out, ready to attack.

Attacker contempt to hell, the sight that greets them make their stomach drop.

"He got hit." Hoseok informs hurriedly, face red and full of distress as he carry a hunched male inside. 

A gasp leaves Y/n and Taehyung literally sprints up to help Hoseok with the male who throws his head back and groans in pain.

"Jimin..." Y/n mumbles, her eyes watering.

------------------

I'm back bitches 😎 how's life have been these days? Mine feels like it's stuck to one point.

Tell me your thoughts on this chapter and leave some love in your way.

💜