Love Needles

"God, you are burning up

"God, you are burning up." Jimin inhales sharply, his arms immediately wrapping around her to secure her against his body.

Y/n stays snuggled up with her face against his warm chest. Her forehead is touching his skin, so he can feel how hot her face is. Her shaky little palms slowly trail up and she closes them around the hem of his shirt to pull him closer.

Jimin feels her pull him the slightest bit towards her. His eyes are no longer sharp and deadly like before. But they are soft with worry, as he immediately works his jacket off his shoulders without separating from her. "Oh, my love.."

He wraps it around her shoulder, while Taehyung instantly pulls the large bonfire bucket closer to her to dull down the cold, yet not so close that she might end up getting hurt.

Y/n stays clinging to Jimin. She can feel them buzzing around her, worried voices asking if she is alright, while the others work to start the fire on the bucket again. She is very visibly shaking from the cold, and the sight of her wordlessly seeking Jimin's warmth is actually devastating.

She inhales, trying to take him deep into her lungs, yet she comes back empty-handed when her fever blocks her nose from taking in the scent of his lilies.

She cannot smell him.

That should not devastate her so much. But it does.

Her eyes well up in tears, causing her bottom lips to quiver down. She sniffs, highly aware of how childish she is being. And she is glad they cannot see her right now.

It is totally absurd. The empress is about to cry cause she cannot smell her fiancé's comforting scent.

"Let's get my love someplace warmer," Jimin whispers. If he could read the storm in her mind right now, he would go above and beyond to get his scent on her.

His arm trails down her body till it reaches past her knee and then he picks her up effortlessly in his arm, gentle in his hold.

They watch her curl up to him immediately, her arms circling around his shoulders as she hides her little face in his neck. The white petals in her hair brush against the skin of his neck, and her braids fall snugly between her collarbones and his chest. She looks so small in his hold that she can be mistaken for a child.

So little and so sick. She is a sniffy little lump in her fiancé's arms.

Jimin turns towards the men on the deck. "Watch the direction." He orders, before twisting his head towards Hoseok. "Hyung, follow me down."

The older sailor nods, his brows furrowed as he watches the way Y/n is trembling. The rest of the men immediately get to work, and Jimin turns around and slowly walks towards the stairs with Hoseok following behind him.

Taehyung stares at them leave, his body having frozen by not just the cold breeze, but by the sight of her shaking body curled up to the Captain.

He still has not gotten the chance to run his fingertips through the soft petals in her hair. He still wants to stare at the way her soft hair is curled into the prettiest of braids. He wants to adore her more in that soft dress.