115

Eleanor hadn't realized that the funeral had been over with until she began to notice that the seats around her were emptied

Hazed memories seemed to replace reality so easily, she felt a great guilt for not reminiscing the moments she had last with the headmaster - but instead she thought about the man she loved, the man who broke her heart.

He was all she could think about.

Severus; a Death Eater, her Severus.

Eleanor was mad; vivid and distraught that he was someone so different than the man she made him out to be. He was the same as the ones who were out to kill her nephew, just the same as the ones who were involved in her brothers death - the entire time he was on their side.

But even after all of that, she also missed him more than anything.

"Hey, little El." Remus slowly approached her side, dressed in a worn-out suit, the same one he had worn to James' funeral. It suprised him most that it had still fit.

Eleanor didn't need to look up at him to know that he was giving her a small sympathetic smile. "I just wanted to check on you." He says.

Her lips pursed into a thin line, shaking her head. "It doesn't feel right." Eleanor whispers outloud, looking down at Albus' white tomb as Remus listens and now sits beside her, "Nothing feels right anymore..."

He took a moment of silence before responding. "I know... you were close with him." Remus confesses carefully and even though they weren't standing far from the headmaster's grave, Eleanor knew he was talking about Severus.

Finally flicking her eyes up to meet Remus' gentle ones, she gave him a remorseful expression.

"I'm just..." Remus hesitated, running his long fingers over his stubbled jaw while he thought about it, "I guess I'm not quite sure how this happened... after Harry explained to me what he saw..."

She pushed back the tears that wanted to roll down her cheek at the memory of Harry yelling that Severus was responsible for murdering Albus Dumbledore.

And she didn't want to believe it.

"I just think that there must have been a misunderstanding." He finished explaining with honesty, "Severus and I, we might have never been leveled with eachother, but he really cared about you... and I don't believe that he would do anything to purposely hurt you or anyone else."

Averted her gaze down to the ground beneath their feet, she nodded.

Remus watched her reaction intently, placing a hand on her back to trace soothing patterns.

He could tell that she was lost and he understood why.

Remus use to really dislike Severus, but that was before last Christmas, before the Weasley's house was under attack from Death Eaters and before Severus arrived to alert everyone of danger - because of him, everyone made it out safely.