06

"Isn't he precious?" Lily asked from the doorframe of the living room, overlooking the wonders of Eleanor greeting Harry for the first time

"I'm afraid she might take him for her own." James came along to the conversation as he stared at his little sister.

Eleanor grinned, "Psh, poppycock." She muttered than looked to Harry, "He could honestly live under my bunk. I'm sure the girls in my dormitory wouldn't mind the cutest baby in the world being our new roommate." She picked Harry up as he let out a sluring laugh.

James grins and Lily frowned like Eleanor were actually able to sneak Harry into Hogwarts.

"She's only joking love." James kissed his wife's forehead before answering the knocking door.

It had been Sirius and Remus with a group of balloons and toys for young Harry.

"Look it's a wolf." Sirius squeaked the stuffed wolf at Remus who reacted with discomfort and let out a sigh.

"Wow. Beautiful." Eleanor heard Sirius say as he approached.

"Isn't he?"

"Oh, yeah the baby is cute and all." Sirius tried flirting as Eleanors face heated up.

James popped his head out from the kitchen, "Oi!" He pointed at Black, "Stay away from my sister!" James than pointed to Eleanor,"He's got fleas, in areas that shouldn't be named, just thought you should know!"

Eleanor was oblivious as to what James had meant.

"Really James?!" Lily called back taking Harry from Eleanor to give him a bath.

Eleanor waved at Harry as he was carried over his mothers shoulder, leaving from his Aunt.

Eleanor never would have thought that—that was going to be the last time she'd ever see her brother and lily.

It's crazy to her how time flashed by so fast, 10 years moved on like nothing, but yet she still feels the same mourn since the first time she heard about their death.

Eleanor forced herself to move away from her thoughts, going back to watching Neville Longbottom work on Herbology. "Neville, you are so good at Herbology." She complimented the clumsy shy boy who gave her a smile.

He was showing her how he knew all the plants that he would be learning about throughout his years.

"Thank you Professor. I really like this subject." He commented, "It's actually the only subject I understand."

"I'm so proud of you."
"Thank you Professor."

When class was out Neville left with a bit more confidence.

"So, He can talk about plants all day, but not understand how to mix a brew." Severus leaned against her classroom door, "Pity."

Eleanor looked to him annoyed, Today wasn't a day she wished to be bugged by the potions master,  "You don't always have to put in your two cents, I think we all know you hate children."

"What gave it away?" His usual monotoned voice asked sarcastically.

"What do you need?" She walked back to her desk.

Snape looked to her, "Are you free tonight?"

"What?" She questioned

He let out a disgusted groan, "Not a date Potter— Adler," He corrected himself and walked further into her classroom, "I was planning on keeping a watch out for the stone, Quirrell has been trying to get around it I believe."

"Um." She rubbed her temple, she suddenly became quiet, "Yes. Sure, after dinner." She agreed.

Severus stood with a knowing look at crossed her face.

"You weren't planning on coming to dinner were you?" He asked back at her.

Eleanor looked as if she wanted to cry, her eyes glazed. "I don't celebrate Halloween, Severus."

Snape then understood what she meant, he remembered the date and nodded his head without a word. "I'll see you after dinner then."

She nodded as well and turned her chair around.

It was the anniversary of Lily and James death. Him out of all people should have known.