05

"And that's the difference between lumos and nox

"And that's the difference between lumos and nox." Professor Adler had demonstrated to a hufflepuff girl.

The bell rang.

"Alright, Have a lovely weekend! Class dismissed, I'll see you next week!" Professor Adler called after the section of first years who waved back to her.

As soon as they left, Eleanor began to straighten out the desks for next weeks lesson.

"Did you hear the news?" A voice came from behind Eleanor as she jumped back in fright.

She turned to notice it was Dumbledore with a slight grin on his face.

"Bloody hell!" Elanor cried putting her hand over her racing heart. "Please stop sneaking up on me like that!" She glared at him, grabbing charms books off the desks.

"Sorry to frighten you, Ms Adler. It was not my intentions, but I didn't know if you had heard the brilliant news that's been going around." Dumbledore had walked into her classroom fully.

"Be more precise?" She asks leaning back against her window, "I've been a bit busy, please note me on all the Hogwarts gossip that I've missed."

Albus let out a small chuckle as he took a seat in a student's desk, "I hear that Mister Potter has joined the quidditch team."

Eleanors eyes raised up with a brightened face of shock and excitement for her nephew. "Really? That's great! How brilliant! Three weeks into school and he's already living up to his name." She smiled down at the memory of how her brother used to play quidditch. "Well, I didn't of course, never made the team as a chaser."

"Bummer, I'm sure your brother loved beating you in the game." The headmaster and Eleanor both shared a laugh and talked for a bit more, mostly about Harry's accomplishments just before dinner was ready to be served.

"I'll be there in a bit, let me just deliver these." Eleanor mentioned to Dumbledore as he left her classroom with a smile. She glanced down at her desk which scattered of quizzes from Potions Eleanor needed to return.

She viewed over them, seeing the progress some of the kids were making. Neville Longbottom even got himself a low 80 out of 100.

She knocked on Professor Snape's door to turn in the work he had wanted back. She assumed he had went to dinner when she opened the door. Eleanor had planned on putting them on his desk and leaving immediately afterwards, but felt herself caught as Severus was present in the classroom, standing at his demonstration table organizing herbs into small jars.

"Put them on my desk." He said with his back to her.

Eleanor gave him a weird look as if he had eyes on the back of his head for knowing it had been her.

She did as he asked without answering. The only thing that could be heard throughout his classroom was the heels of her shoes clapping on the floor. She placed the quizzes down and quickly turned to exit.

She was about to walk out with the same motion, in and out without another word.

"Congratulations on your nephew making the team's seeker." She heard Snape say as she was about to exit the classroom. He turned around to look at her this time and she could have sworn that he had given her the smallest smile.

"Oh..." Eleanor said awkwardly, "Thank you Professor." She gave him a real smile before walking out of his room.

Without her looking he too had a slight smile on his face before suddenly removing it with a shake of his head. "Stop it, Severus."

Alone, Eleanor walked through the corridor, some students passed by saying hello to the Professor, but most of the kids were in the great hall eating.

When she turned the corner she wasn't expecting Professor Quirinus Quirrell to be right on that corner.

She bumped into him.

Her face planted into his shoulder from impact.

"Oh, I'm so sorry..." She apologized looking up to not just see the twitchy teacher, but a cold stone glare.

His eyes followed her every move as she backed away cautiously.

"Y-you must, watch w-where you're going, potter." He stuttered and narrowed his eyes at her. Quirrell was one of the professors that wasn't supposed to know who she was. Something about this man made her uncomfortable as his lips muttered words with no sound, like he was talking to himself.

"What's going on here?" for once Eleanor was glad to hear the voice of Severus Snape.

She tried to turn around and plead for help, but Professor Quirrell had her eyes locked with his deadly ones, then he had noticed the presence of the potions teacher who walked forward behind a nervous Eleanor.

"My apologies, I-I must be o-off." And just like that his personality had switched. No longer was he staring at her like a prey, but back to his twitchy self. The Defense Against the dark arts teacher left, going the opposite direction as them.

"What was that about?" Snape asked Eleanor as she grabbed her swollen throat.

Eleanor's eyes narrowed at the direction the professor had gone, "I..I don't know, I don't know how he knew who I was..."

Snape listened to her, "He's probably just trying to give you an empty threat. I suspect he's after the philosopher's stone. He needs someone to be frightened of him while nobody else is." He says, "In other words, dont worry, he's just trying to scare you. You're fine."

"It's not necessarily me I'm worried about..." Eleanor muttered outloud and thought of only her nephew, but than curiousity came to her, "What stone did you say he was after?"