26

"Mistletoe!" Pointed Lockhart who sat next to the woman during the Christmas feast, she sat quietly not batting an eyelash or a head turn to the man who tried to gain her attention with a flirtatious smile

"Mistletoe!" Pointed Lockhart who sat next to the woman during the Christmas feast, she sat quietly not batting an eyelash or a head turn to the man who tried to gain her attention with a flirtatious smile. The last thing she wanted to think of anyways was a mistletoe.. or Lockhart.

She watched students eat cheerfully during Christmas feast. The kitchen elfs made up a lovely cooked ham, buttery mashed potatoes, stewed carrots, ginger bread scones and sweet bread rolls, but of all that food that was placed on the table the woman found herself in no motion to eat. Instead she kept the glasses of champagne coming, Mcgonagall had noticed this and charmed the glasses to not have any sort of effect alcohol carries before the young Professor could abuse herself with it.

It surprised Mcgonagall how the woman didnt die from alcoholism or lung cancer at her state.

"Miss Pott- Adler," the older woman fixed her mistake, "What is it now? You're as dazed as a blind man without his specs!"

Eleanor turned her head to the Professor trying to relax herself and drank from her glass in front of her. "I'm fine."

"When a lady says their fine, their never really fine." Minerva Mcgonagall raised her eyebrows to the woman.

Eleanor was in distress, everyone could see it. Even Harry who sat across a few ways. Harry surprisingly kept quite of what he thought he saw last week with Professor Snape and her, most likely because he didnt know if it was a figment of his imagination plus he would never want to start a rumor of Professor Adler. Harry had other business to asort to anyways, as Hermione wiped out the cakes to give to Crabbe and Goyle.

Eleanor and Severus had been separated since the incident. Every once in a while Snape would try to find a way to say hello or even talk about the subject, but Eleanor would be quick to shut the door in his face.

She was mad, angry with herself and loathed her being for trying to think if that was okay- to kiss Severus... it was wrong. Even if she wanted to she wouldn't have been ready, the last time she fell for someone she got her heart broken and was left alone to be abandoned and ashamed for three years.

Within those three years she evolved, changing into someone completely different from who she really was.

That relationship changed the way she looked at love. It would never be the same for her again.

To love and to hold... what a terrible lie love is.

Later that night Eleanor wrote a letter to Seria to wish her a happy Christmas even though it wasnt so happy, recently Seria and her husband have been in a bit of a row, so much so that she spent Christmas at her mothers house with the kids.

It concluded of Eleanors response to the nonexistent of marriage, nowadays people get married at the spring of the moment, not considering their future but only the moment of fling.