55

"Will you be here when I get back?" Eleanor asked Sirius who leaned against the kitchen counter

"Will you be here when I get back?" Eleanor asked Sirius who leaned against the kitchen counter. Slumping over in a relaxed mood, he smiled her way. Admiring how her hair was neatly up with bangs sweeping across her face.

"Invariably, my dear." His raspy tired voice replied. "No promises I'll stay here though, might sneak back into hogwarts just to see you." Sirius walked up to Eleanor, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Eleanor grinned up at his cheshire cat like smirk spreading across his face.

"Don't you dare, you'll get caught." Eleanor warned him, but that didnt seem to become a threat to Sirius who had scoffed at her.

"Oh honestly, I think I can manage." He winked down at her.

She felt his kiss on her forehead as he held her closer, somehow they ended up swaying back and forth. Moving slowly in the kitchen to the beat of their hearts that sounded like a smooth jazz.

And just like that, Eleanor could finally say that she was now happy with life. She finally found what was missing, lost love that she tried to replace and failed time after time. A void she once had, now full and overjoyed. She could now say that she was truly content. No matter what happened in her past as it may be heartbreaking and woeful, in her mindset now— she had carried on.

The past two weeks of Sirius being in her reach has been the happiest she's been in awhile. Sadly, she now had her trunk packed in the livingroom, next to Harry's of course as he seemed more excited than her to go back Hogwarts.

"The train leaves in an hour." Eleanor muttered into his shoulder. Regretting saying those words that had come from her mouth. Sirius drew away from her. Only to look into her eyes, placing his large hand on her cheek.

"You and Harry be safe." He spoke in a hoarse whisper. Leaning down to kiss her forehead. "I love you, Dearly."

"Dearly." Eleanor spoke wholeheartedly.

Wrapping herself around him one last time, Eleanor stood on her toes, pressing her lips into his own. It seemed to last a moment less than what they were wanting, mainly because they had heard Harry's foot steps come from down the hall.

They separated, but only a bit.

Harry walked into view. "Ready to go Harry?" She asked as the boy nodded his head.

Sirius pulled the boy in for a hug, "Alright Harry, have a good time this year. Enjoy yourself."

Harry grinned, "Thank you Sirius."

Eleanor took out her wand, ready to apparate onto king's cross station. She grabbed Harry's arm.

Her eyes teared up a bit, she looked at Sirius who stared at her with such passion. "See you soon." She spoke

"Sooner than you think."

Eleanor frowned, "I'm serious! You'll get yourself caught if you're out there!"

He had a mischievous grin, "No, I'm Sirius." He winked after her. "Take care of eachother!" He called and before Harry knew it. He blinked his eyes no longer seeing Sirius standing in the livingroom across from them, but the alley way next to a busy train station.

"Alright, Let's boogie." Eleanor smiled to Harry who grinned at her childish reply.

"Please don't ever say that again." Muttered Harry in his embarrassed teenage attitude.

Eleanor laughed as they walked into the station.  Eleanor put his trunk on a trolly along with his owl. They soon got to Platform 9¾, Eleanor had spotted the Weasley family almost immediately. Pointing to that direction where Harry should go.

As Harry and Eleanor walked side by side she felt eyes digging into the back of her head. Like she was being watched closely. Her every movement monitored.

And that's when she turned her head, spotting orbs the color of a cool ice.

Lucius Malfoy.

He just stood there with who Eleanor assumed to be his wife. She shared similarities to Draco, the boy looked more like his mother.

Lucius's eyes followed as she walked passed his family. Their eyes locked for a split second before he looked down to his son, breaking the tension.

Eleanor turned her head away wondering what he was looking at or why. Then she noticed the way she had her hand around Harry.

Had he gotten a clue of who she was yet?

She shook the thought of it off, trying her best to regain focus to approach the Weasley family with a smile, but she knew she had come off a bit gloomy.

"Hello Molly." Eleanor gave mrs Weasley a hug along with Arthur.

"Ms Adler," Molly addressed instead, knowing they were out in public. "Lovely to see you as always, you look a bit dreary... had something happened?" She asked

Eleanor shook her head, trying to loosen up, "Oh, I'm just tired is all." She said

"Professor Adler!" Shouted an all too adorable voice. Eleanor grinned seeing Neville dragging his Nan behind. "Nan this is Professor Adler, she's the one who helps me with all my studies!"

Eleanor looked up to see Nevilles Nan, she had a questionable style of clothing, but none of the matter Eleanor was pleased to meet her.

"Call me Augusta, Such a treat to meet you. Neville has written me so many wonderful things about you!" The elder woman smiled politely.

"A pleasure to have your grandson, he surely is intelligent. Barely ever needs my help, this one." Eleanor grinned down at Neville who hugged her.

After that greeting Eleanor had excused herself, addressing that she was going to find an empty compartment.

Eleanor walked to the Hogwarts express, barely able to take a step in and felt a cane tap her on the shoulder.

She turned meeting the eyes of Lucius Malfoy yet again, but this time he prented to have manners as he extended his dark gloved hand, "Pleasure to see you again, Ms..."

"Adler." Eleanor softly gripped his hand, but felt him crush her own a bit before letting go.

His eyes seemed to narrow for a split second, "Right." He spoke almost doubtfully, "I just wanted to get a better look."

"At what?" Eleanor stood uncomfortable. She could swear that he knew exactly who she was.

"That lovely necklace of course, must have coasted a pretty galleon. You see, my wife saw how stunning that necklace was, reminded her of her aunts. I was wondering where you'd be able to get your hands on such a diamond." He said looking at the necklace Sirius had given her.

Eleanors head began to spin, she kept reminded herself to be careful around Lucius. She didn't trust him. Something was off about him. So she smiled, "Thank you kindly, It's mine and has only belonged to me. I wouldn't remember where I've gotten it. But if you will excuse me, I must get on board."

"Ah, yes of course. How rude of me— I bid you a farewell."

Eleanor nodded at him as her kind smile disappeared, she walked into train avoiding the cold shoulder given by Lucius Malfoy.

He narrowed his eyes after her once again.

AN: Happy Thanksgiving!! Thankful for each and every one of you. Hehe 💙