09

"You know I think the kid has it out for me

"You know I think the kid has it out for me." Severus walked into Eleanor's poorly lit class to drop off next lessons notes on a swelling solution for potions class.

Eleanor simply looked up from her concentration of waterdroplets she had put on a devil's snare. "You mean all of them?"

He sent her a glare before dropping off what she needed on her desk. "I meant Potter."

Her hazel eyes looked to him with a 'well..' expression. "You get what you give Severus." She let out a sigh. "Anyways, what's happened now?"

The potions master began scoping out her classroom. Narrowing his eyes at all the dark shades, "He thinks I'm trying to get to the stone, how does he even know about that?"

"And who told you that he knows?"

"Hagrid."

"Bingo." She shot a finger at his own anwsered question, "The man doesn't know how to keep things to himself. Besides, Harry is... much like James, always up to conclusions. Nothing you should worry about though."

Snape ended up moving away from the conversation seeing what Eleanor had been doing as he looked over her shoulder, "I wasn't going to ask, but why is it pitch black in here?"

Eleanor didn't answer for a moment, she stepped away from watering the plant carefully, "Devil Snare hates sunlight, much like you. I overhear students, some just assume your a vampire." She took a step back observing the plant and placed it in a shaded area. "It's my next lesson." She explained before pulling the curtains back giving in sunlight. "Dean Thomas needed some help with Herbology—"

The next moment she turned around and then heard the door to the potions room shut, realizing Snape had left in the middle of her talking.

"It was nice to have a chat with you too.. arsehole." She muttered under her breath before going on with her lunch break.

The day went on normal or as what Eleanor would say what normal was, she helped Hannah Abbott with transfiguration terms, Draco Malfoy usually refuses help, but today he asked for a quill rather nicely, Katie Bell struggled a bit with history of magic lessons and Dean Thomas finally finished his study with devils snare.

Everything was as it was, well at least until she overheard a certain conversation.

"How do we even get to the restricted section of the library and why is it in the library if it's restricted?" Ron questioned Harry over their charms book they didn't dare to read.

Harry shrugged his shoulders, "Havent a clue. We need that book on Nicolas Flamel though."

Ron's eyes went wide as he felt a shadow over him, "Nicolas Flamel? What you need a book on Nicolas Flamel for?" asked Professor Adler with a raised eyebrow.

"Just a bit of free studying Professor." Harry explained while Ron nodded in agreement.

"Mhmm. Well, stick to your actual studies boys." She turned around to see Neville Longbottom running around the classroom to catch his toad—Again.

"I swear Harry, ever since Snape has been around her, she's become more intimidating!" Ron exclaimed. "You think she's helping him get the stone? I always see them together—I mean they're always talking."

Hermione's head popped up from behind them saying, "Of course not Ronald. All teachers talk to each other, especially Professor Adler, she talks to everyone."

"Yeah." Harry tried to doubt the idea of Professor Adler helping Snape get to the stone. "She would never do that."

"You're right Snape doesn't even like people." Ron confirms the conversation to an end.

By the next week Eleanor had kept a close eye on Harry, worried that he could get hurt by trying to know too much about the situation  Quirrell and Severus are dealing with.

"Professor Dumbledore?" Eleanor questioned one night. She ended up in his office after over thinking of certain things. She stirred the tea cup he had offered her.

His half moon glasses tilted down at her as he himself enjoyed a ginger biscuit.

"I'm worried Harry will get himself hurt, not like the incident with the troll, but something rather more dangerous." The fearful look on her face reflected the same look he had seen on her before. The look of scare and guilt. "I feel like he's going to do something ruthless, he's looking into the stone Professor, he's suspecting Severus and trying to lead himself somewhere he doesnt need to be involved."

The great wizard himself nodded with understanding, "I'll make sure to keep an eye on him Professor, though you should know one thing—" he got up and walked around the his own room admiring his knickknacks in suprising awe as if he was looking for it earlier in the day or had forgotten he had it. "Harry Potter is a bright boy, he himself knows there is greatness within, but hasn't come to realize it just yet. I know I employed you to look after him, but I assure you the boy has a destiny."

"So, you wish for me to let him be? To not care about this sort of danger his suspicion can bring him?" She asked rather unfondly.
This was her nephew he was putting on the line of unknowleged suicide if Harry wasn't careful.

"Professor, I believe in a lot of things, the rights and wrongs. I too make mistakes as everyone does, but Harry was meant to be a hero when the time comes. Everyday acts he will make, Professor. I assure you, there is nothing on your end that needs to worry of a curious first year."

Eleanor left Dumbledores office with a new sight of things, not seeing the wise wizard himself question his input he had given her, knowing fully well what Harry is doing.