74

Severus found himself sitting at the end of his bed

Severus found himself sitting at the end of his bed. His eyes glared down bitterly at the permanent mark on his forearm.

The dark mark burned his skin, it felt like it had been blistering, seeping within himself. He was suffering, tortured to the realization that Voldemort was getting stronger.

Though he endured the pain, he knew this was for the best. He might not have seen it before hand, but now he had a reason to. Now he had an excuse to look after Eleanor and as much as he'd hate to say it, Harry as well.

The more Voldemort starts to become more human the more danger Eleanor and Harry would be in. He wants the boy dead, but he wants Eleanor dead first.

He still hadn't known who has taken the task of being Eleanor Potter's hitman. Severus had almost implied that it had been Lucius Malfoy. He saw them talking to one another a few weeks ago during the second task. But once Severus brought up the reasoning of them talking Lucius seemed to have no clue she was even a Potter — Saying, "Just catching up with Dracos teacher was all."

If Lucius had a target he'd tell him anyhow and that was the scary part— nobody has confronted about this position, not Lucius, not Karkaroff or anyone else.

Whatever Voldemort was planning, he was planning it carefully.

The only one who had direct information was Harry Potter.

The boy was bound to get his aunt killed by the lack of communication and it made Severus despise the boy even more so.

The sting from the dark mark brought him out of his thoughts once more.

He carefully wrapped his forearm a bandage wrap, like he has for the past fourteen years. He made sure to have it covered up at all times. Incase someone were to see it or point it out. The last thing he needed was for some kid to ruin it all.

A knock came on the door.

He quickly finished wrapping his arm before looking at the clock that hung on his wall.

It had been nearly over six in the morning.

Severus walked to the door opening it before his face fell a bit. For some reason he was expecting it to be Eleanor, but the figure was replaced with Rolanda Hooch.

"Morning Severus, Dumbledore is calling a staff meeting. Apparently the minister is here with some news." Rolanda explained before she went to the next chamber down.

Severus went to the staff room immediately, he spotted the back of Eleanors head as he walked in.

She turned around and gave him a small smile before patting the chair next to her for him to sit.

Eleanor didn't wear any makeup, in fact she looked rather tired and drained.

Nevertheless she looked beautiful, she always looked beautiful.