02

1 9 9 1, July 31st

Harry,

Another letter you'll probably not respond to, but it's yet again another year of growth, of knowledge and wisdom, another year of greater things to come. It's the year you will finally get to understand who you truly are—a wizard. I hope you have a great time at Hogwarts. Your parents met that way, I met so many people that impacted my life that way as well. Anyways, I hope you have a magical 11th birthday. My love is sent to you always. You're always on my mind. Here is a gift I made 'without magic'. Hope it fits.

With love, Aunt El
XOXO

The brunette woman smiled at the letter, proof reading it before attaching it to a neatly wrapped package.

The package held a knitted pair of grey socks along with a matching turtle neck to keep him warm and lastly a wrapped chocolate chip cookie.

She gave the package to her messenger owl, a beautiful chocolate brown owl with bright yellow eyes. The owl with the name of Odin.

She set Odin free through the small kitchen window, "Send this to Harry."

And with that Odins large wings flew across the garden then up behind the forest trees.

It had been Harry's eleventh birthday, finally the time has come to explore what he is without his muggle family getting in the way.

She had not seen him since he was a baby, but everyday for the past 10 years, she had sent a letter. It had become a daily routine for the Dursleys to throw away her letters before Harry had gotten ahold of them.

The Durselys hated the idea of what Harry truly was, but they hated Eleanor Potter more, Petunia Dursley had the grudge of all grudges against the Potter family for her sisters passing, that she was stuck to take care of Harry herself. Eleanor was sent out to live a low life under the orders of the ministry, they changed her last name, location and any identity that had to do with the potter family. For her own protection, she had to live in fear. In a cottage in mid forrests edge. She had nobody, but herself to be around. Her life was simply taken away due to fear.

There was only once when she was not feared, three years ago she was once married to a man with the name of Ted King, an English man that had worked as a banker. His brother a wizard, but not him.

Ted was a simple, intelligent, charming man with a lot of kindness within himself.

She fell for him instantly, they were married for three years until she came face to face with telling him the truth. She told him that her name was not Eleanor Adler, but Eleanor Potter.

The next day after telling the truth, Ted and all of his belongings were gone. Everything, but his wedding ring that had been placed on the kitchen table.

Now sits the woman nearing her 30s, divorced, still in mourn, her identity a lie.

She had nobody, but herself.

"Dear Harry, please be okay." She spoke aloud to the God that took care of him.

Suddenly a voice had popped up from behind her,"Why don't you see for yourself?"

Her eyes bold and startled. She quickly pulled out her wand before she turned around to face the one and only Dumbledore sitting at her kitchen table. Making himself a cup of tea.

Eleanor couldn't believe it, she thought she was hallucinating, she blinked multiple times and pinched herself. Yet the bearded man still sat there looking at her questionably.

She withdrawled her wand slowly as he offered her to sit across from him. "It's a bit rude to break an entering, don't you think?"

"Its not breaking an entering if your front door is unlocked." He raised the tea cup with a wink. "Sugar please."

Irritatingly Eleanor handling him the sugar jar. "What are you doing here? How did you find me? I'm off the radar."

"Changing your last name was smart. Eleanor Adler, has a nice ring to it."

She blinked, "I did it to protect myself."

"Just like how you ended up in the forests of Manchester? 10 years later and you're still smarter than an average witch. Age has treated you well, but mourning has not." Dumbledore took a sip of his tea.

Eleanor sat across from him with her arms folded. She was a little offended, but she knew what he meant. She never picked herself up after her brother's death. She lived in grief. Ashamed for wasting so much time being sad, she used to be so spirited.

"What are you doing here?" Eleanor asks now picking a bone with the man who didn't answer her question the first time.

He pointed his boney finger up in the air, "Your nephew has been ignoring my letter from Hogwarts, or at least the boy has not recieved it yet."

"The Dursleys are horrible people, if it wasn't for them I would have taken Harry for my own. " she frowns at the thought of it, but she knew the true reason why she couldn't take him was the fact that she herself was not safe. Him being with a muggle family kept him safe and away from the wizarding world that happened to be so dangerous.

"Eleanor, I'm offering you a position. You don't have to take it if you don't want to, but it's better than spending your years like this." He mentioned to her cottage like home, "Its rather lonely... Haven't you got a cat or a dog?"

"What position?"

"A student aide, some tutoring around the castle would be nice."

"A tutor?"

"We have an empty class for you in the dungeons. Mcgonagall has set you up your own private sleeping quarters. That way you can keep an eye on Harry and also might as well have some fun with it." He laughed, "You will be going by Professor Adler though, and Harry shall not find that you are his aunt until the time comes." He warned her, "What do you say?"

Eleanor would have to pretend to not know Harry, to prevent herself from hugging that boy to death as soon as she sees him, but it was the only way to know he was completely safe.

"I'll do it."