35

She stared straight ahead, spaced out between her own thoughts and unawareness

She stared straight ahead, spaced out between her own thoughts and unawareness. All she knew was that the Hogwarts express had been moving as the odd shift of geer had been rolling on its tracks.

It had finally begun, another year at Hogwarts where a danger is at risk, with Sirius Black out and on the loose Eleanor wasn't suprised when Azkaban had sent out dementors to find the missing criminal. It had been all over the daily prophet, paper after paper labeled the whereabouts of Black and where the ministry thinks he had been last seen.

Eleanor tried to reassure herself that everything was going to be okay, Hogwarts was no doubt being protected as Dumbledore was sure to keep the castle grounds guarded.

Her hands fidgeted in her lap, watching the grey sky become darker as the train drew closer to Hogwarts, rain had raced down the window of the empty compartment.

"Anything off the trolley?" Asked an elderly voice, it took Eleanor a moment to register that the woman was speaking to her. She blinked out of her daze looking up to see a concerned face. "You alright dear? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Something like that." She replied back not really understand why she said that outloud. Clearing her throat she mumbled an answer for the older woman "Um..no thank you, I'm fine."

The woman nodded her head worriedly and continued down the strip of compartments where students happily jumped out for candies.

Taking a deep breath, she settled back into her seat, closing her eyes to regain her posture.

Just relax. You're over thinking this. Everything will be fine.

That's when the train came to a halt.

Her eyes shot open.

Lifting her head up she looked outside the window, they had been stuck in the middle of a bridge crossing the same waters from Black Lake, but looking closer Eleanor squinted her eyes at the once still lake water turning into ice.

That's when the lights had shut off.

"What?" Her eyes had become wide, the cold breeze creaked the whole train, Eleanor watched the window frost over.

Getting up from her seat she looked outside her corridor, seeing student's also popping their heads out, like Draco Malfoy who looked as scared as a young child watching a horror movie.

Taking out her wand carefully Eleanor addressed the students who panicked, "Children, stay in your compartments and lock them." They did as she said.

She walked down the aisle, checking each door as she goes to make sure the kids are locked in if something were to happen which to her pleading dismay, something did happen.

The whole train began to howl and creek.

And it finally hit her of what was going on, Dementors were on the train.

She needed to find Harry.

Racing down the carts she looked through the blurred window of each compartment, asking for nephew each time, but there was one compartment down the second cart she had entered, which a dementor stood above, it's black ghosted corpes figure lingered then clicked the compartment door open.

She had the worst feeling.

As she got closer the more empty she felt, a sudden dark energy came to her, her spirit felt like it vanished, everything she knew blurred as she approached.

Looking into the seated section her face became more pale than it already was.

She wanted to cry, her heart became heavy as she froze at the entry way. Her hazel eyes glazed of the reflection of Harry's soul being sucked up by this dark creature.

For a moment she couldn't find her thoughts, she knew she had to stop it, but before her wand had raised up a bright blue light occured, but it wasn't her wand.

The wolf patronus scared away the dementor out of the train, which seemed to be the only thing that caused the train to halt since it immediately began moving again along with the lights flickering back on.

Eleanor pushed herself back against the aisle hall holding her heart, facing the open corridor where Harry layed unconscious, Hermione and Ron who stared down in disbelief and worry, than a very familiar face to Eleanor who stared back at her in shock.

Remus Lupin.

His own face had looked as he had seen a ghost of his past, she could see it on his face. Those shy eyes of his were wide and confused, mouth agape struggling to make out words or any sound in the matter.

It wasn't until Hermione had brought him back from his thoughts, "Mister Lupin! We need your help!"

He shot his head down seeing Harry fainted on the seat, quickly his first instinct was to sit the boy up as searched for something in his pocket.

"Harry?" Hermione asked making Hary fidget, "Harry, you alright?" She asked which caused him to dizzily get up.

"Here, eat this." Lupin handed Harry a piece of chocolate, "You'll feel better." He have him a warm smile.

Harry was hesitant, but took it. His mind had been somewhere else as he navigated his surroundings. "What was that thing?"

"That was a dementor," lupin explained, "They were searching the train for Sirius Black, now if you'll excuse me, I need to have a word with the driver." The tall ruggid man politely exited the corridor before closing it.

But not to go speak to the driver, but to face Eleanor who froze up at him.

She was still against the wall, covering her beating chest with a shocked expression on her face.

"Eleanor?" His voice cracked a bit, "Is it really you?"

He must have really thought she was a ghost.

The second she nodded her head Remus didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her, bringing her into his chest which smelled of Rum and Chocolate. He hugged her tight and thanked god for one good gift that was given to him.

"I thought you were dead." He said, "I thought you were gone." Lupin stepped back a bit with a smile on his face. He looked as if he had opened the best Christmas gift ever given.

His hands cupped her face, analyzing her features, "You still look the same, well the hair is different, but I like it." Remus smiled to her as she said nothing, but her expression said everything, besides James of course Remus was like a brother to her growing up. He was quiet, but defended her even when James got out of line, but those were stories to tell later, right now all she could do was give him a watery smile and sharing another hug.

"I've missed you." She said to him

"I've missed you more little El." He continued to embrace her as she smiled at the old nickname.