63

His footsteps echoed the hall, students shifted their gaze away from him as he walked passed the nearly empty corridor

His footsteps echoed the hall, students shifted their gaze away from him as he walked passed the nearly empty corridor. Turning the sharp corner, he nearly felt someone bump into him from behind, only to see he was being followed by someone he'd rather not associate himself with.

"Why are you following me Karkaroff?" Severus asked knowing fully well he was being followed by this man.

The Bulgarian man stood nearly the same height as Severus, "We need to talk."

"No." He simply stated before turning his heel and walking away.

As he kept walking he heard Igor Karkaroff follow him quickly behind."I will say it rather you like it or not, Severus Snape. You can't hide it. You have it on your wrist—"

Snape quickly turned back at him, facing the man with narrowed eyes, in a fast motion he looked down both of the halls to see if anyone was looking before gripping the man by his fur cloak, pointing his wand at Igor's throat and spoke, "Don't. Bring it up. Again." His voice hoarse threatened.

"He's summoning his followers... you can't just ignore it." Karkaroff showed his yellow teeth, "He's coming."

Severus released pressure from the mans throat, before putting his wand away. "I'm aware." He said before he had walked off leaving the Bulgarian Professor alone.

Too many things were going through his mind, he knew what was happening, he knew about the burning mark on his forearm, but more importantly he knew what his position was, he just hoped the plan would work out perfectly.

Eleanor had caught herself laying her eyes at the glowing goblet that stood centered of the great hall with all its might and glory.

She should be enjoying herself with the celebration, but yet... she didn't seem to find any sort of cheer to this tournament at all. Kids could get hurt. Die even if not careful.

Maybe she was over reacting, but this whole thing seemed like nonsense which was only going to get people hurt.

"Well, I believe the goblet is ready to make its decision." Dumbledore had announced after the feast, "When the champions' names are called by me, I would like them to escort themselves along the staff table and towards the chamber on the left side." Dumbledore explained smiling at all the students that sat before him in anticipation.

Eleanor quietly drank her red wine.

The goblet shined, sparkling with enchanting blue flames, everyone had watched carefully until it had coughed up a parchment that Dumbledore seemed to catch rather quickly.

Dumbledore pushed up his half moon glasses, "all right, let's see here... the champion for Durmstrang," he read clearly, "Viktor Krum!"

Students cheered as Viktor had gotten up from the slytherin table, greet Dumbledore with a handshake and nodded his head towards the Professors as he passed them to enter the chamber.