104

Eleanor shivered at the cold crisp air that was brought on such an early December day

It had been a suprise that they had a Quidditch match even with weather conditions like this, kids could have gotten sick flying on those brooms with the weather as cold as it was.

All Eleanor could do was sigh and hope that the players had been warm enough.

"Hello Ms Atler!" Greeted Horace Slughorn, "Mind if I have a sit?"

She shook her head, "Not at all and it's Adler." She corrected him as he had sat down beside her. It was quite odd to Eleanor that he chose to sit with her when the teachers box had been mostly empty. Maybe he just wanted company.

He chose to ignore her subtle correction. Instead, he sighed into the cold air. Seeming almost out of breath from climbing those stairs.

"Mind telling me who's playing on much a cold day madam?" Asked Slughorn

"Slytherin vs. Gryffindor, I believe." She stated as she crossed her arms to keep herself warm from the breeze that blew through her brunette hair

Horace seemed to be looking around in slight shock, "I'm suprised your beloved isn't here to keep you company."

Eleanor turned her head towards her old professor, "Sorry?" She had asked not understanding what he had been talking about and found herself scared that he would somehow bring up Sirius.

A chuckle came from the round short man, "Severus of course! Who else would you think I'd be talking about Missy? Unless... that engagment ring doesn't belong to him... I won't tell! I'm quite good at keeping secrets—"

"Oh, no..." Eleanor cleared her throat, "Severus and I aren't together... and I'm not engaged... not anymore."

She covered her ring with her hand shamefully and slumped down a bit after saying that.

"I apologize for the misunderstanding. It had only made sense to me that the two of you were together because well you two are always together." He continued on with the conversation about Severus, "I've never seen someone put a smile on his face the way that you do."

Eleanor listened to his words whether she wanted to hear it or not, but she found herself flushed at the thought of Severus only smiling around her.

"Really?" She asked

Horace nodded in response, "I remember him as a student, he was often alone. It's nice seeing that he doesn't seem all that alone anymore."

A small smile formed on her lips. "That is nice." She admited

He grinned, "You know, you two should come to my Holiday Party before the holidays. It will be held the on coming Friday, but make sure to let me know in advance! I have a limited amount of chairs to put in one room you know."