57

It had been a rainy start for the school year, it was officially the first day of classes and Eleanor had lost sleep due to the pouring rain, but that was just an excuse

It had been a rainy start for the school year, it was officially the first day of classes and Eleanor had lost sleep due to the pouring rain, but that was just an excuse. An excuse to hide the fact that she had been overthinking, worrying — imagining the worst.

There was something she knew, deep down she had the feeling that life for her was never going to go back to normal. Even if she had Harry, Sirius, Remus and everyone else by her side. She had visions of terror, loosing more people in her life, loosing her own. Loosing Harry. It would have been her fault. It was her responsibility to protect him. No matter what anyone else has to say to that.

So when Eleanor kept hearing of this tournament coming up, she guessed the worst and hoped to the heavens above it wouldn't be true.

Keep harry away from the goblet of fire.

That morning Eleanor suprised herself on the decision she made, and it all started with a knock.

Severus was almost stunned to see Eleanor standing outside his door, and she could see it too by the way he frowned questionably.

"I need to ask a favour." Eleanor looked up at him due to their hight diffence.

He looked at her, his eyes looked down either side of the halls to see if anyone was looking. Than he nudged his head for her to come in.

Eleanor welcomed herself to look amongst his chamber. It smelled of coffee. Stacks of books, random potion bottles along a writing desk next to a microscope, and a the morning view peeking behind dark navy curtains.

"I figured you'd ask about the Triwizard Tournament." He walked passed her, cleaning up the random books throughout the place with a simple wand gesture. Before Eleanor could say anything he interrupted, "I saw the way you responded to it when Dumbledore announced the event."

"Its not just the event." She muttered, "Do you mind if I?" Eleanor asked to sit on the sofa chair that sat in the corner of his room.

He nodded as she sat.

"I just have the worst feeling about him."

"Him?" He repeated

"Harry."

Severus stood still with a fixed gaze, "What about him?"

"I dont know let's look back three years, It's like— oh, I dont know, something bad always seems to happen. I can't get any sleep because it's all I think about." She looked down, "I can't lose him." Eleanor spoke quietly as she slouched in the chair.

"So in conclusion, you're just overthinking?" Snape had gathered from all that she told. She peered up at him, reminding herself why she came to him in the first place.

"I need you to do me a favour, please." She begged, "Maybe I am overthinking—"

"You are." Came out his monotoned voice.