67

Eleanor stared up at the man she used to know, he resembled a ghost from her past

Eleanor stared up at the man she used to know, he resembled a ghost from her past. Her faded memories of him came to view once again. Flashbacks of memories she had forgotten she had filled her mind.

All she could do was stare at him, taking in the face she used to know so well, Ted looked a bit different from the last time shes seen him, he used to be clean shaven and proper looking, but now he looked to have this gruff look to him, a slight stubble beard shadowed his jaw, his usual slicked back hair fell into loose chestnut curls that rested around his forehead.

Then again, it's been almost six years since she's last seen him, of course he's changed. The matter of the fact was why he was here in the first place, He was a muggle who never had an ounce of interest in magic, he didn't really have a reason to be at a wizarding event like this.

But it seemed to make sense when  another face had popped up from behind Ted, it had been his older brother Thomas, who happened to actually be a wizard. She had remebered his face back from a few years ago when they bumped into each other at a pub.

Thomas looked almost like Ted, except his eyes were dark brown, his hair much darker too. Ted was a bit taller than him. She noticed how swelled up Thomas's face had gotten due to his alchohol addiction, but that was never a suprise. "There you are, ready to go?" He pat his hand on Ted's shoulder, not noticing Eleanors presence until he followed his stunned brother's gaze. "Oh!... oh brother this must be awkward for you huh?" Thomas let out a laugh before looking back at Eleanor who didn't seem to find this amusing at the slightest, "You look good!" He cleared his throat trying to ease the tension, but even then Eleanor ignored his comment.

Seria had now joined in with both of her kids at her side. "El, we were just about to go out for butterbeer, care to join?" Seria then looked at the two gentlemen up and down, "Who are they?" She raised an eyebrow.

Eleanor was about to speak but
Thomas was more than glad to extend his hand, "Thomas King, this is my brother Ted, funny story actually—they were married." Thomas shifted his finger between Eleanor and Ted.

Ted blinked as his head slowly turned to his brother before turning back to the two women that stood in front of him. "Hello." He gave her a tight smile.

Seria looked at Eleanor than back at Ted, "This is the guy you married?" Seria's blue eyes went wide as she pointed her thumb as him. Eleanor said nothing, she just stared back at the ground. "He looks like prince charming!" She snorted a bit. Eleanor narrowed her eyes at her friend before Seria had gotten the message, "Right- well, I'll just leave you three alone, catch up if you want to come with us." She gave her friend a tight lipped smile before leaving the situation.

Thomas stood there awkwardly,  "I think I'll go with her—"

"No," Ted finally spoke up, "Just– give me a moment." He turned his attention back to Eleanor. "Um," he breathed in, before giving Eleanor a polite smile, not wanting to get off on the wrong foot, "How are you?"