83

She twisted the gold band on her finger

She twisted the gold band on her finger. A dazed looked rested on her face. Eleanor hadn't noticed that her head had been in the clouds until a dark cloaked figure began to approach her.

Severus had just had his interigation with Dolores. Eleanor had known this because Umbridge had let the given staff know who she'd be visiting each day. It gave Eleanor time to prepare herself for whatever Dolores was bound to ask.

In the meantime, Eleanor had been given twice the amount of students. While Dolores was walking around with a clipboard and rotting the corridors with her perfume, Eleanor had to teach the dark arts classes along with her own.

"How'd it go?" Eleanor asked Severus as she stood outside her classroom to greet students who walked in.

Many of the students smiled at her, including Harry who's grin had quickly fell as he glanced up at professor Snape, he wanted to say something, but instread walked in without a word.

Snape narrowed his eyes after the boy which for some reason was unnoticed by Eleanor as she greeted other students.

"An annoying amount of questions." He spoke dryly. "It's practically another job interview, but with pitched giggling in-between."

Eleanor nodded her head before looking at back him, "You think you still have your job?"

"I'd be suprised if I don't, but I then again I wouldn't mind an early retirement..." He watched Eleanor face fall into a frown.

He hid a smirk that wanted to spread across his face.

"So you'd just leave me here alone to talk to nobody?"

Severus shrugged, "You have the paintings."

"You're not funny." She crossed her arms.

Severus raised an eyebrow down at her, "That's not what you said last time." He muttered under his breath.

Eleanor shoved him to the side as a smile broke on both of their faces.

Eyes from the classroom turned back and stared at the two professors that stood outside the door.

"Ahem." Came a pitched voice.

Before both Eleanor and Severus could turn around, they shared a disappointed gaze as they knew who it was.

Eleanor composed herself as she faced Dolores who was staring between them with a pair of beady eyes.

"A bit comfortable, aren't we?" She looked at the two of them.

Even though Eleanor knew they weren't doing anything besides sharing a laugh, she felt uncomfortable. But she figured that was because Umbridge had saw it differently.

"It wasn't like that—"

Dolores immediately interupted as she looked to Severus, "I assume you have a class to prepare, Professor Snape?"