47

That bloody rat again

Eleanor had taken a stroll that night, for no particular reason besides getting out of her chamber to clear her mind.

She watched as Ron's rat crawled around the corners of the castle, it kept getting out and about, probably running away from Hermione's overweight cat again.

"Scabbers!" Eleanor whispered with an annoyed tone as she caught up with the rat, seizing it and carefully gripped the rodent. It squealed in her palm, but managed to calm down. "Back to the common room where you belong." She said walking towards that direction, but that was before she hear voices coming from down the hall to the right.

Eleanor walked that direction out of curiosity, her beaming wand leading the way wondering which student had snuck out of bed, but to her surprise there were two figures standing in the hall, Snape and... Harry?

"Harry? What are you doing up this late?" She asked which Harry seemed to already find himself interrogated by Snape.

"I- I couldn't sleep." He tried to explain to Eleanor, but she could tell he wasn't exactly telling the truth. She feared the boy was up wondering around looking for Sirius Black.

"Funny, you said to be sleep walking." Said Severus who now caught Eleanors attention.

"Well, I was just on my way to your common room, why don't I walk you back." Eleanor suggested to Harry which Harry agreed to, wanting to get away from Professor Snape.

"Not so fast." Snape interrupted, "Isn't it suspicious to you that the boy is out this late at night?" He addressed his question to Eleanor, her eyes were defensive and narrowed up at him.

She tried not to huff in annoyance outloud, "Yes it is, Professor, but that seems like a conversation I rather have with Harry alone." She said trying to lead the way, but Snape blocked her motions, every direction she tried to take and he still wouldn't move.

Severus leaned down, his face getting closer to her own. She backed her face away, but he didn't stop until he was close to her ear where he whispered, "Nephew or not, He is still a student of yours and mine."

Eleanor eyed Severus who leaned back correcting his taller posture over her own. She sighed, knowing he was right. So she stepped away. Revealing a confused Harry Potter.

"Turn out your pockets." Snape commanded

"There's nothing in them." Harry replied with a rude tone. Eleanor didn't stop him from talking to Snape that way which irritated the potions master more.

"A Professor asked you to do something and you do it." Snape ordered, "Now, Turn out your pockets, or we go straight to the headmaster himself!" He had a smug look on his face.

Harry didn't do as he was asked until he saw Eleanors face, her head slumped down with a stern look.

The boy folded his pocket inside out, Eleanor watched closely as a parchment was taken out.