22

"YOU KILLED MY CAT!!" shouted only the voice of Filch through the corridors

"YOU KILLED MY CAT!!" shouted only the voice of Filch through the corridors. The staff all turned to each other after leaving the great hall from dinner and raced to see what all the fuss was about.

Dumbledore made a path through the crowd of students, titling his half moon glasses he said, "What's happening here?"

It was Eleanor that put her hands over her mouth. "My god." She breathed and eyes had followed her own, ms Norris was hooked by the tale- frozen like a statue. Just above the cat was something written in what seemed to be blood.

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware

Just before the group of teachers, they all turned their heads to see Harry standing there as if he was the obvious one. Everyone eyes stared into his own.

"It wasn't me I swear, I never touched ms Norris." Harry tried to defend himself.

From behind the students came Lockhart, "What did I miss?"

Eleanor glared at the man and moved herself further away from him.

Dumbledore commanded that all students were to return to their dormitories immediately, except Harry, Ron and Hermione who stood awkwardly.

"He did it! He killed my cat!" Filch shouted and pointed a boney finger at the boy who pleaded he wasn't guilty. "I want him punished for this!"

"Did you see him do this?" Asked Eleanor

"No, but it had to have been him!"

"Than who's to say it was, if you- 'The Claimer' didn't see it happen at all?" She asked back to Filch who scrunched up his nose with a snarl.

"If I may include, maybe Potter and his friends were simply at the wrong place at the wrong time." Severus stated looking to Eleanor, Harry however shared looks with his friends. Confused of this sudden likeness of Snape, "However," he turned around and approached the three gryffindors. "I do recall not seeing mister Potter at dinner." Snape raised an eyebrow to the boy.

"I believe that was my fault Professor!" Said Gilderoy from the back of the group, "He was helping me answer some of my fan mail you see-"

"Good. Case closed! Off to bed!" Eleanor began to shoo away the kids.

"My cat is dead! I want to see some punishment!" Filch became furious making the kids stop walking.

Dumbledore calmly examined the cat before saying, "Ms Norris is not dead, just merely petrified. I will have Professor Sprout here brew a potion with Pomfrey as well."

The distress on that situation was dismissed as Filch walked off angrily.

Eleanor who turned to Harry that stood only feet away spoke softly, "Harry, Is something going on? Something you need to tell us?"

Harry stood there. His eyes looked at the people who surrounded her. Snape was behind her giving him an odd look, Mcgonagall with a concern expression, Dumbledore who tilted his head waiting for the truth and back to Eleanor who looked so sincere of his safety.

"No Professor." As soon as he said that he felt doubt upon Dumbledore. As well as Eleanor who looked down before looking back to him, "Goodnight Harry."

And with that Harry went to his dormitory.

"Hogwarts is in danger." Spoke Mcgonagall after the silence.

"Professors," called Dumbledore, "We must beware of the dangers on our grounds. We haven't any idea what we have on our hands. Tonight rest, until tomorrow- we will be keeping check."

Snape made sure to walk close to Eleanor as they walked to where their sleeping chambers were. She walked fast, almost faster than how Snape would walk normally.

She didn't say anything the whole way until she got to her door and paused. She turned around in tears facing Severus who narrowed his eyebrows in concern.

She let out a weep before sliding her back on the door till she hit the ground.

Severus instantly bent down to help her up, but she refused, "I-I just need to sit. I-I just n-need to sit." She repeated.

He didn't know what to do, watching her cry only made him worry she'd wake up the next day of alchohol poisoning. Along with oddly enough he thought these were the most beautiful moments, she didn't care to cry in front of people because it just showed how strong she was. For a woman who carries the world on her shoulders, she carries it well.

Bending down himself he sat next to her where she avoided eye contact and kept her head up.

"Just breathe." Severus said trying his best to comfort her.

Eleanor let out a laugh, now realizing he was on the floor with her. "Oh please, I'm fine." She tried whipping away the strained tears on her face. "I just get overwhelmed." She let out a sigh pushing her head back against the door. "I just never know with him. I've got a feeling there was something going on with him, it's like he doesn't want to tell us."

Severus than understood she was referring to Harry. "Even if there was Dumbledore is surely to know."

"Harry was in the hospital last year." Eleanor tried to argue, "All it took was that one day for Dumbledore to be gone- one day he isn't going to be here to save him all the time."

For a few moments the both of them listened to the silence of the empty corridors. Only the flicker of flames from the torches that lit up the castle.

"Why are you so good to me Severus?" Asked Eleanor through the quiet.

Snape looked to her, trying to think of a correct answer. His blood turned cold by the tension. He couldn't tell her how he felt yet. "That's what friends do."

Her reaction to him made his heart skip a few beats. A beautiful smile was worn on her nude lips.

"Thank you." She leanded over and gave him a hug. He didn't realize how happy it made her feel to know she had him as a friend.

He excepted her hug after a moment of realization, her head rested under his chin and arms wrapped around him.

It was only for a moment before she retreated from the hug, Severus was disappointed once she had let go. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said just before she opened her door. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Eleanor." He spoke quietly