The light and the Spider

Age: 6
Word count: 954
Summary: It's Alena's first day in elementary and she meets a certain spider-boy

For Natasha, the worst thing about having a child was having to watch her grow up in no time. It felt like it was only yesterday, that she held little Alena in her arms just after giving birth.

Now her little girl was already 6 and ready to start school.

,,Mama, come on, we're gonna be late"

The 6 year old stressed, pulling at her mothers sleeve.

Her red hair was falling down her back in curls, tied into a half updo. Her blue dress wasn't to posh but not to casual either. A/N: Idk how it is in America, so I'll just write out of personal experience in Germany :)

To keep it short, Alena didn't look like a toddler anymore, but rather like a more gown up girl.

Natasha was pulled out of her thoughts. She had been admiring her little girl, unconsciously reliving all the memories they had made up to this point.

,,I'm coming, мало света (little light), where's Dad?"

The older redhead asked, craning her neck to spot her now husband.

,,Daddy's already inside. I think he wanted to avoid trouble before uncle tony shows up"

The 6 year old explained, peering up at her Mama with a smirk.

Natasha stifled her laugh. She found the imagination of Tony Stark crashing the event in his iron man suit just for the little redhead pretty amusing.

,,No Mom I'm serious, uncle Tony said he would come and he said he'd bring everyone else too"

Alena explained seriously. She knew it was a lie, but the little troublemaker found everything funny that could cause her mother premature grey hair.

,,I'll call him. Alena Lubov, you better not be pranking me"

The older redhead warned, mostly as a joke.

,,No time for that, Mama. We need to get inside or we'll miss the sorting"

The 6 year old exclaimed, dragging her Mom with her and into the school.

...

,,And last for class 1b is Alena Romanoff-Rogers. Alena please join your class"

The principal announced through a microphone.

Alena confidently jumped from her seat between her parents and made her way to the front.

,,Hi, I'm Alena"

She introduced herself to the boy next to her. He was rather awkward looking, but smiled.

,,My name's Peter, Peter Parker. Nice to meet you, Alena"

He introduced himself. The panic weighing on him seemed to vanish.

The 1st graders chatted back and forth all the way to their classroom. Turns out, they both loved the colour red, hated broccoli and their favourite thing to do was climb on the monkey bars.

Once Alenas class reached the classroom, she immediately sat down beside her new-found friend.

Peter beamed. Alena returned the beam.