The love of a mom

Age: 14
Word count: 1121
Summary: Alena gets picked on by a group of girls at school and it messes with her mental health. Now it's up to Natasha to talk to her daughter.

BOOM! The door to Alena's room slammed shut with such force that it made the drawer across the hall shake.

The 14 year old fell onto her bed, face first and crying into her pillow. This wasn't fair. Why couldn't those girls just leave her alone. As if she could control who her parents were.

She let out a frustrated scream. Not because she was sad, necessarily, but rather because she was angry at herself for not standing up for herself.

After all, she was Alena Romanoff-Rogers, for christs sake! And Alena Romanoff-Rogers wasn't the one to get kicked down by a bunch of bullies.

But, even if she knew it, why did she feel so helpless, so weak, so ... scared?

The girl's lips curled into the all too familiar frown, lips pursed and brows furrowed. All this was frustrating.

Seconds later there was a knock on her door. She didn't respond. If the 14 year old was honest, she didn't know what she was going to tell her mother. For some reason, she felt ashamed to get picked on with such powerful parents.

But maybe that exactly was the problem. Her parents' fame and influence made her an easy target, although it was mostly jealousy speaking.

Alena didn't see that though. She only saw the girl who was too afraid to do something about it. Or thats what she thought.

In reality, she thought about speaking up every time, but she'd gotten into trouble one too many times in the last few weeks, she she figured it was best to just keep her mouth shut.

The knock on her door returned. This time a little more forceful. When she didn't respond once more, the door opened and in peeked her mother's head.

,,You alright?"

Natasha asked, her brows knitted together in worry with a hint of curiosity. She knew her kid had been acting distant and unlike herself for a few weeks and she'd had enough of being left in the dark.

Alena whipped her head around, wiping her tears. She wasn't the biggest fan of breaking down in front of another person. And certainly not in front of her mother.

,,Yea, totally"

She assured, avoiding eyecontact with Natasha like the plaque. The girl knew that if she looked her mom in the eye, it would be game over for her.

The older of the two redheads raised an eyebrow, knowing that something was up. After all, she was the one who could read her daughter like an open book without having to talk.

,,No you're not, моя любовь (my love)"

She declared, sitting down next to Alena. Natasha just studied her 14 year old daughter, tucking a strand of auburn hair behind her ear. Something was majorly off and she had her suspicions, but she needed to hear it from the girl to be sure.

Alena leaned into her Mom's side, just staring off into the nothingness of her room. Before she knew it, there were silent tears running down her face.

,,There are ... girls in my class. I ... I don't know why or how but they started making shit up and have their stupid minds set on making my life hell"

She began, finally mustering up the strength to open up. Even though Natasha's always told her that showing emotion wasn't a weakness, the 14 year old still picked that habit up in her teenage years.

,,Oh, деткa свет (baby light)"

Tasha sighed, tightening her embrace around her daughter. She knew exactly that it wasn't exactly easy to grow up with parents that famous, but this, this was definitely too much and unacceptable.

,,I'm sorry Mama, I couldn't stick up for myself, I just ... it's impossible. I'm such a disappointment"

Alena began rambling before falling back into her pillows. God, her mother must be so embarrassed to have a cowardly daughter like her.

Instead, Natasha just mirrored her daughter's pose, facing her and studying every inch of her face.

The woman couldn't believe how someone could be so cruel to her child. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't find a single flaw in the 14 year old girl she got to call her daughter.

From her beautiful, baby blue eyes over the faint freckles on her nose that were only really visible when they were out in the sun for a long time to the auburn hair that fell onto the girl's shoulders in waves, Natasha could not find a single reason not to love this precious, truly pure soul.

It angered her, if she was honest, that people dared to hurt her baby, her miracle, her little girl. It physically hurt Natasha to know that her daughter thought she was worthless because of those horrible people.

,,Милая девушка (Sweet girl), no. You're not a disappointment, not worthless, not weak. детка свет (Baby light), you're the strongest 14 year old I know, just look at you. You're smart, beautiful and so obnoxiously sassy. There's nothing and I mean absolutely nothing to hate about you"

The older redhead assured, cupping her only daughter's face, her eyes glistering with tears,

,,I love you so much, мой милый маленький свет (женский) (my sweet little light), так много (so much)."

Alena's lips quivered, near crying. She was genuinely touched by her Mom's words. Sometimes she forgot just how many people in her life loved her and would move mountains for the mere sake of her happiness.

The redheaded girl scooted closer to Natasha, nuzzling into her warm embrace. In that moment, she didn't care about those girls anymore. She didn't have a worry in the world anymore, as long as she was with her family, the people who loved her no matter what.

,,Я люблю твою маму (I love you, Mama)"

,,Я люблю тебя, моя дорогая девочка (I love you, my darling girl)"

A/N: I think this is one of the most comforting oneshots I've ever written. I am also very proud of the writing in this one, it's got longer paragraphs and more of a deeper meaning :))
Also, I've posted a link on my profile, where you can decorate my tree and leave a message for me, if you wanna. I'd be very happy about it :)
Anyways, 4 more days til Christmas, how're we feeling about that? Until then, have a great day/night, my beautiful people, don't forget, you're worthy, no matter what. I love every single one of you, stay the amazing person you are. I'll see you around <33