Everything I touch dies

Age: 20
Word count: 1170
Summary: in a universe where Steve failed to bring back Natasha and instead went back to live with Peggy, Alena is all alone in this world. She doesn't know where Yelena or any of her family is and slips into a deep hole. One day, when Peter finally gets through to her, things go deep.

Alena stood, like ever so often, at her parents graves. She buried her dad weeks ago, after he finally got the life he was supposed to have.

If she was honest, it stung in her heart, every time she thought about it, but after all, she had given him consent.

She didn't expect her dad to actually go, but he did and returned, looking and acting 105. So, it wasn't much of a surprise that he died soon, after he and his daughter had one long, last talk.

Despite getting the closure she needed, Alena couldn't help but feel like everything that happened was her fault. Her mother sacrificing herself so she could live, her father dying, god, even thanos' blip felt like it was her fault. If she'd fought harder, she could've avoided a whole lot of trouble.

With a sniff, she wiped her tears, kissed her hands before touching her Mom's grave, her fingers lingering there for a moment.

,,Miss you guys"

She whispered, her voice breaking. This got harder every time, even though it was supposed to get easier.

Alena knelt down and placed a rose on each of her parents' graves before turning to leave. All she wanted was to turn up the music and cry.

So that's what she did as soon as she was back at the compound. The 20 year old didn't even bother to kiss Peter hello or to say hi to Maria, who was the only other one there.

Instead, she sat on her bed, staring at old pictures from when she was little. And then from when she was older.

Her gaze lingered on one particular picture. It was her and her parents, her dad had his arms slung around her and her mom from above and all three of them were smiling brightly at the camera, not a worry in the world.

A sob escaped her lips, tears falling onto her phone screen. She missed them terribly.

Moments later, there was a knock on the door. Peter.

,,Light, are you alright?"

He asked, slipping into the room before closing the door. It was obvious his girl was everything but alright.

Alena looked up, hastily wiped her tears and sniffed, her eyes wide. She didn't need anyone to see her cry like this, especially not Peter, who'd been gone for five years and just popped up again. (A/n: Don't ask me how, Peter is still magically the same age as Alena until I find a plausible way to fix my plot hole)

,,Yea, I'm totally fine. Totally..."

She lied. It was obvious, but not just because her eyes flickered like usual when she lied, but her whole presence screamed everything but 'I'm fine'. Hell, deep down she wanted to scream out how she really felt, she wanted to scream and cry and find someone to blame other than herself, but no, she couldnt.

Peter didn't hesitate and before Alena knew it, he was there next to her, right by her side. But, when he went to take her into his arms, she backed away. He looked just as much confused as hurt.

,,Let me hug you"

He asked of her, his voice soft and quiet. The 20 year old man's only intention was to comfort the girl he'd called his best friend for the longest time. His heart ached for her, even though he couldn't even begin to imagine how terrible she felt.

Alena only managed to shake her head, her lips pressed together in a tight-lipped frown. She couldn't risk loosing him too.

Peter made another attempt, only that this time the redhead practically jumped up from the bed. She ran her hands through her hair, facing the wall. All the emotions she'd bottled up slowly began surfacing.

,,No, I can't. I just, I cant Peter. Everyone and I mean everyone I touch dies"

She snapped, turning around suddenly, her voice increasing in volume the longer she spoke. All this was her fault, if only she'd held on tighter back on vormir, if only she'd asked her dad to stay, if only, if only, if only...

,,That's not true! Alena, stop beating yourself up over something that's not your fault"

Peter countered, trying desperately to calm her down. It physically hurt him to see his best friend, his girlfriend, his person so hurt, so ... almost scared of herself.

The redhead sniffed, aggressively wiping her tears. She hated crying in front of people but she couldn't help it. So, she just chose to continue beating herself down.

,,Oh yea, no Peter, it's everyone. Tony, Dad ... Mama, EVERYONE"

She yelled before falling to the floor, all her energy running out. Alena was exhausted, limitlessly and utterly exhausted.

Peter finally managed to get a hold of her, letting her sob into his chest, his arms closed around the girl he loved. He didn't say anything, he just sat and waited for her to calm down.

Alena melted into his embrace, her arms wrapped around his torso as if she never wanted to let him go. He was all she had left, all she had to bring her comfort in this cold world without the two people she'd loved most ever since she'd opened her eyes for the first time.

,,How do I deserve you?"

The 20 year old finally mumbled, leaning against the wall behind them, then resting her head on his shoulder. She'd missed him, a lot and even after 5 years apart, he still cared so much about her. What they had was special,

Alena knew that now more than ever. He stood by her through the grief of loosing her mother, then her father and did everything in his power to help her track down the remaining family she had. He stuck with her through the outbursts, the crying, the screaming, anything, Peter had been there.

,,I love you, that's how. Everything about you, Alena Romanoff-Rogers, I will not leave you, I promise"

The 20 year old held out his pinky finger, waiting for her to hook hers with his. It took a second, but that's what she did.

,,I love you too"

Alena whispered, before their lips met, sealing their promise in the most pure form.

A/N: *dramatic sigh* I love writing romance AHHH. Also, I like making myself cry with this, although I'm proud to say this is the first one in a while I've made myself cry with :,)
Anyways, different universe, Steve gone, Tasha gone, Yelena not in range, Alena all alone, lmk what you think.
Have a great day/night, my beautiful people, stay amazing, I'll see you around <33