Ice skating

Age: 10
Word count: 1134
Summary: Alena goes ice skating for the first time with her Mom, who can't skate and her dad, who's basically a pro

,,Okay, skates, band aids, ibuprofen and an extra jacket. I think we've got everything"

Natasha listed, pointing at the things in the back of their car.

Steve nodded in approval, but frowned for a moment.

,,We forgot something"

He informed, sending his wife into rambling down her list.

The couple looked at one another for a minute, before they realised what they had forgotten.

,,Alena"

They announced in unison, before Natasha ran back inside to fetch their ten year old daughter.

,,Алейна, пошевеливайся, мы выходим (Alena, get a move on, we're going out)"

The older redhead informed the younger one, who was already putting on her shoes.

,,Куда мы идем? (Where are we going?)"

The ten year old inquired curiously.

,,You'll see"

Her mom responded, standing in the door to keep it from closing.

The young redhead frowned rather irritatedly but went along with her mother to the car.

Just 20 minutes later, the family of three arrived at the ice rink.

Alena had now picked up on where they were going and got very excited.

She always wanted to go, but as of now, neither her parents were able to fulfil that wish.

The little redhead was sprinting towards the rink, at least she was trying to.

Steve held her hand firmly, preventing her from bolting.

,,Easy, свет (light)"

Natasha stressed, though she found her daughters excitement absolutely heart warming.

She never had things like that, growing up, except for the time with her sister and parents, so being able to give her daughter all she ever wanted was just incredible.

,,Mama, can you skate?"

Alena inquired hopefully. The little girl had no idea how hard ice skating actually was, so she just assumed she was a pro already.

Natasha could, in fact, not skate. She really hoped it came naturally to her, like ballet, but of course, she knew better than to make wild guesses.

,,No, маленький свет (little light), I can't. But your dad is a pro"

She admitted, glancing at her husband with a smile.

Alenas eyes met her fathers, full of admiration.

,,Daddy, you know how to skate?"

She asked, adoration written all over her face.

,,Sure do, little light"

He smiled and pulled her up so that he was rested on his hip.

Alena let out a long sigh of admiration for her dad.

,,You ready?"

Natasha asked her daughter as they entered the rink.

The little redhead nodded wildly and squirmed in her dad's arms.