Cooking with Mama

Age: 6
Word count: 985
Summary: Natasha is in charge of making dinner for the night and a little someone wants to help.

It was game night at the compound and Natasha had agreed to bring food, since she was the only one who had the day off from missions. So, it was only her and her little light home right now.

Alena was playing with her action figures, seemingly retelling her parents' last fight against an enemy. All Natasha could hear from the living room was the occasional 'die, bad guy, die' or 'You will never win' followed by incoherent noises of destruction.

So, the assasin had all the calm in the world to cook something up. Or at least she had until the noises from the living room stopped.

She was mid mixing together a dough for the pizza she chose to make when a tuff of red hair appeared behind the counter, followed by a pair of baby blue eyes staring at her.

,,Whatcha making, Mama?"

Alena inquired before she planted herself onto one of the kitchen chairs, eyeing her mother curiously.

Natasha looked up, leaned against the counter and returned her daughter's stare.

,,Pizza, детка свет (baby light). You wanna help?"

She asked before placing the bowl under a kitchen aid machine. Alena nodded fiercely and before Nat knew it, the little redhead stood next to her, looking up at her, eager for instructions.

The assasin smiled and slid over a stool for her to stand on so she could reach the counter properly. Then, she turned off the kitchen aid before spreading the now mixed dough out in front of her daughter.

,,Okay now wait up and don't touch anything yet. I'll go get a little surprise before we start"

She instructed, her voice firm, yet laced with excitement. Alena clapped her hands, almost touching the dough with one of her fingers.

When Nat came back, she found that her daughter had actually listened, but stared at the dough in deepest concentration, taking all her willpower not to touch it.

,,Детка свет (baby light), look wat I got"

The older redhead called out, capturing the younger one's full attention. In her hands, she held cookie cutters.

,,Mama, those are for cookies"

Alena chuckled, shooting her mom a rather confused look. But then, her eyes widened in realisation.

,,Wait, are we making shaped pizza??"

She exclaimed, raising her excitement to ten times the amount it was before. This was gonna be way more fun than just making normal round, boring pizza.

Natasha nodded, spreading out the cookie cutters in front of her, before stroking her daughter's auburn waves.

,,Go wash your hands, дорогая девочка (darling girl)"

She instructed before gently pushing the little redhead towards the bathroom. They had plenty of time, so there was no rush, but Alena was way too excited to waste any time, so, one minute later, she stood next to her Mom again, hands washed and hair pulled into a pony tail.

Tasha let out a small chuckle as she handed Alena a portion of dough for her to spread out and cut into shapes. She could tell that her 6 year old had a lot of fun treating the pizza in progress like cookies.

Alena was done a lot faster than her mom though. She watched for a while, but then she had an idea.

,,Mama look"

She instructed and before Natasha could duck or dodge the attack, she had a handful of flour smeared to her cheek. The culprit giggled and tried running, but her mother was faster.

,,Иди сюда, маленький нарушитель спокойствия (Come here, you little troublemaker)"

Nat laughed, running after her daughter, who giggled uncontrollably. Seconds later, she was caught in her Mama's arms, being tickled. Alena let out a high-pitched squeal of joy before throwing another small fist of flour into her face.

The little girl squirmed and tried to get away, but this time, Natasha wouldn't let her. Before she knew it, the 6 year olds forehead was dusted with flour, accompanied with her Mom's laughter.

Tasha shifted her weight so Alena was rested on her hip in a firm grip as she shoved the first few cutout pizza shapes into the oven.

,,Okay last attack, детка свет (baby light), then we'll get you cleaned up. Everyone's gonna be here soon"

She informed and booped the 6 year old's nose with sauce. Alena's jaw dropped, a mix of betrayal and amusement written on her face.

,,Last attack"

The girl then giggled, smearing a whole hand of sauce to her Mom's cheek. Natasha laughed as she wiped it away with a paper towel, before setting her kid down to the floor.

,,Shower, little light, in the next ten minutes. And at least wash your hands before you touch anything, your dad's gonna flip if he sees any stains on the walls"

She instructed, having to shout the last sentence because Alena was already on her way to the bathroom.

Both redhead had had their fair share of fun today. In moments like these did Natasha realise how lucky she'd gotten in life. Seven years ago she wouldn't have ever dreamed about having a child, let alone an amazing one like Alena. Their bond was truly special, now and forever.

A/N: A very fluffy one for you today. Lately I've got more and more drafts and less and less ideas, even though there's so much to tell. Even though I love what I do, it's getting harder to keep posting twice a week. I'll try keeping it up, but I can't promise anything.
Also, little announcement: I'm going to Barcelona in two weeks, so there won't be any oneshots the week of February 11th till February 18th :)
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this little alena oneshot, have a great day/night and I'll see you around. Stay amazing <33