Save me some grapes

Age: 10 to 13 to 15 to 19
Word count: 1640
Summary: Every time Alena isn't feeling well, Natasha hands her some grapes and tells her it's gonna make her feel better. Little does the young redhead know there would be a twist to it in her late teens
Inspired by: A reel I saw by @hayleygracepoetry, who gave me the idea of the concept, even tho I'm adding my own sad little twist to it :)

,,Огонек, пора вставать и собираться в школу (Little light, it's time to get up and get ready for school)"

Natasha woke her 10 year old daughter up, greeting her with a kiss to her forehead. Lately, her little light got a little more unmotivated to get out of bed, but today it was worse than the other days.

,,Я не хочу идти, мне нехорошо, мама. (I dont wanna go, I dont feel good, Mama)

Alena complained, wanting to stay in bed a little longer. 7 am was definitely too early for her.

Sighing, her mother left the room, only to return with two grapes a few moments later. She handed her one wordlessly, earning a quite confused look from the 10 year old redhead.

,,Grapes?"

The young girl asked, an eyebrow raised as she observed her mother sitting down next to her on the bed. Said mom nodded.

,,It's gonna make you feel better, детка свет (baby light)"

Natasha explained, "toasting" her grape with her daughter's. Alena couldn't help but crack a smile. Her mom always knew how to make her feel better, even if it was as simple as giving her a grape.

The young redhead inhaled deeply before popping the piece of fruit in her mouth. And, only a few moments later, just like magic, she felt better. Her mom had been right, the grape improved her mood.

———————————————————

,,Дорогая девочка, ты- (Darling girl, are you-)

Nat inquired, turning the corner to the kitchen, just before she saw Alena sniffling to herself at the kitchen isle,

,,ты в порядке? (You okay?)"

All the 13 year old could do was shake her head. Things hadn't been going great at school and she got yet another F in her recent maths exam, making her feel like the most stupid person on the planet.

,,Another F, Mama. I'm a failure"

She sobbed, tears falling onto the piece of paper responsible for her emotional distress. Natasha observed her child with an expression of compassion and understandment. The redhead knew that school wasn't the easiest time, especially for Alena in maths class.

,,Baby light, look at me"

The woman asked of the young redhead, cupping her face as she wiped her tears. Alena met her mother's eyes, glossy eyed and her nose red from crying.

,,You are not a failure, моя идеальная любовь (my perfect love)"

Tasha reassured, planting a kiss to the 13 year olds forehead before pulling her into her embrace. Alena buried her head in her Mom's shoulder, arms wrapped around her tightly.

A few moments later, they broke apart and the older of the two made her way to the fridge, scanning the content for a little, before closing it, a box of grapes in hand.

,,Have one, it's gonna make you feel better, дорогой (my darling)"

She encouraged as she tucked a piece of hair behind the 13 year olds ear. Alena chuckled as she did as she was told, her mood already lifting. This little tradition, as weird as it may be, always helped her feel better.