"My Daddy is a 101"

Ag: 6
Word count: 948
Summary: In school, the kids get asked how old their parents are. Alena gives a rather ... interesting answer

School was the most amazing thing for Alena.

She got to learn all sorts of things and she was absolutely taken by it.

Her favourite subject by far was English.

It came naturally to her and the fact that Natasha and Steve had already taught her the alphabet and a few words beforehand made the little girl even better at it.

Not to mention that she got to brag a little about already being fluent in Russian, when the teacher had asked them if they spoke any other languages.

Today though, Alenas class had history class, where they were currently talking about people they loved.

,,Okay kids, today we're gonna learn about our parents. What I want you to do is to tell me your parents name and how old they are. Can you do that?"

The teacher, Ms Marx, a middle-aged, kind woman with blonde curls inquired softly.

The class started shouting their parents names and ages all at the same time.

,,Okay, okay. Let's do that one after another. Michelle, why don't you start?"

Ms Marx laughed.

Michelle, the little girl with brown eyes, and wild curls nodded.

,,My Mommas name is Mary and my Daddy's name is John. I think they're 32 and 30"

She explained rather confidently, before the next person began talking.

Eventually, it was Peters turn and then Alenas.

,,My parents are gone so I live with my auntie. Her name is May"

Peter piped up, pinching his skin while he did.

Alena knew that he was uncomfortable talking about it instantly, so she continued.

,,My Mamas name is Natasha and my Daddy's name is Steve. I think my Mama is 27"

The little redhead informed her class, purposely leaving out her dad's age.

Ms Marx nodded.

,,And Alena, how old is your daddy?"

She asked softly.

A wide smile appeared on Alenas face.

She had only recently learned her dad's age and found it really cool.

,,My daddy is a 101"

The redhead beamed with pride.

Her class murmured in amazement, while her teacher was just stunned.

She clearly didn't know who Alena's Dad was.

,,Okay class, go back to working. Alena honey, can you come to the front?"

Ms Marx commanded. Her voice was friendly, mixed with a little bit of concern.

Alena frowned confusedly.

,,Honey, is your daddy really a 101 years old"

The teacher inquired, her blue eyes searching for a sign that the 7 year old was lying.

,,Yea, he is. My Mama told me a few days ago"

Alena beamed cheerfully. She didn't know why her dad's age would be a problem.

,,Okay, Alena, Honey, I'll have to call your parents if you don't stop lying"

The teacher pushed, still convinced that the little redhead was lying.