It's okay to be mad

Age: 18
Word count: 993
Summary: Alena has been struggling with the fact that they hadn't found a way to bring everyone back yet. But, instead of voicing her anger, she bottles it all up, triggering a change in her, until one day, everything bubbles over
Requested by: ChaseArnett

 But, instead of voicing her anger, she bottles it all up, triggering a change in her, until one day, everything bubbles over Requested by: ChaseArnett

Thanks for your request <33

,,Cmon, is that all you got, baby light?"

Steve teased as his daughter and him were sparring downstairs to prepare for their greatest mission yet. Bringing everyone back from the blip.

Alena was the most determined out of all of them to get everyone back, but, as of now, they hadn't found a way to do so and it bugged her. It bugged her so much that she physically felt herself getting angrier at herself and everyone around her.

But, instead of talking about it, she bottled it up until there was a great outburst over something minor. Up until now, it had been happening twice a month and no one really, knew why their once so sweet and calm little light had resorted to yelling and cursing at everyone when it was something as little as eating the last donut.

Luckily, Steve had found a way for her to let off some steam and she slowly started to get better, but today wasn't Alenas day.

Today specifically marked 4 years of the blip, 4 years of 50% of life getting wiped from existence with the mere snap of a finger. Four years of Yelena being gone, four years of Peter being gone.

The 18 year old let out a pressed breath through her teeth. She could feel her anger level rising the more she thought about it.

,,Definitely not, old man"

She seethed, a little too harsh to be meant jokingly. Steve backed away a little, recognising another anger attack coming.

,,Little light, look at me"

He ordered, hoping to calm her a little while he pulled out his phone to text his wife. Natasha was generally better in getting through to Alena than he was.

,,What?!!"

The girl in question snapped as she began pacing. One wrong word and she was gonna explode.

,,Calm down, okay. You're fine, this is just your anger speaking"

Wrong words. Alena stopped pacing, staring her father straight in the eye. If looks could kill, he probably would've been pretty dead right now.

,,I am calm!"

She yelled, proving that she was everything but calm. Steve approached her, trying to bring her into a hug, which didn't seem to really help. Alena just kept breathing heavily, ready to attack,

,,Stay away. I don't need to be comforted"

And with that, she threw a punch her dad's way, pounding her fists against his chest repeatedly. Steve stood unfazed though since Alena was a lot shorter and a lot less buff than he was. Instead, he took it, thinking it'd help her calm down.

Eventually though, the 18 year old became frustrated, letting out screams of anger while tears began streaming down her face. Just when she was about to break down, Natasha entered the room.

,,You okay?"

The redhead inquired, looking at her husband, who looked like he wanted to cry, seeing their daughter's state. He nodded, so Nat turned to Alena.

,,Hey, маленький свет, посмотри на меня (little light, look at me)"

She asked softly, gripping on to her daughter's wrists to refrain her from hitting anyone else. Alena tried yanking her arms free, to no success.

Nat met her eyes, her expression firm, yet calming. Slowly, the 18 year old stopped trying to get free.

,,It's all my fault, Mama. The blip, the fighting, everything. Auntie Yelena is gone because I didn't fight hard enough, Peter is gone because I couldn't save him"

Alena broke down, all her emotions bubbling over as she cried into her Mom's shoulder, mentally exhausted. It felt good to let it all out, in fact, it felt so good that she could feel the anger she'd carried around with her for months evaporating.

Natasha inhaled sharply. She'd had a suspicion that this had something to do with the 4 year blip anniversary, but this was so much worse than she thought.

«Детка, свет, ты ни в чем не виноват. Боже, как это могло быть. Тебе было всего 13, тебе вообще не следовало быть на том поле боя. Это не чья-то вина, а Танос. (Baby light, none of this is your fault. God, how could it be. You were only 13, you shouldn't have been on that battlefield in the first place. It's no one's fault, but Thanos')"

She explained, cupping the 18 year olds face, wiping the tears that had escaped. Alena sniffed, looking up to keep any more tears from spilling.

,,I just miss them. I miss them so so much, Mama. If only we could bring them back, we need to find a way to bring everyone back. What died can't stay dead, not like this"

Alena revealed, taking deep breaths to avoid any more outbursts. Both her parents nodded. 

,,We're gonna find a way, моя любовь (my love), I promise"

Nat smiled, giving a nod to enhance the seriousness she had about this. She was absolutely certain that they'd find a way, even if it might take multiple more months, even if it meant sacrificing things.

To that point in time, none of them dared to think about how big of a sacrifice was gonna be made. None of them knew how much bigger this mission was gonna be.

A/N: HIII, BACK FROM VACATION, HAVE YA MISSED ME? :)
If I'm honest, I'm not entirely happy with how this turned out, but I hope you enjoy it. I always find it pretty hard to write about problems I don't have bc it's harder to portray them accurately, so if I made any mistakes, please lmk.
Anyways, I hope you have a great day/night, stay amazing and I'll see you around <33