Divorce?

Age: 14
Word count: 982
Summary: Alena finds herself between two sides while her parents stand on opposing teams regarding the sokovia accords.

Alena frowned.

The team she called her family was kinda in the state of divorce right now.

The issue?

The sokovia accords.

Tony, Rhodey, Vision and her mother were for signing the accord, agreeing to becoming a governmental initiative and working with them.

Her father and Sam stood on the other side, refusing to sign.

Alena truly didn't know what to do. She knew that it wouldn't change her parents's relationship, at least she hoped it wouldn't, but it still scared her to choose.

If she was honest, she leaned more towards her dad's team, even though the mere thought of going against her mother caused an unseasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.

The redhead scanned the room.

Tony stood off to the side, leaning on a counter.

Her dad sat back in a chair, his forearms rested on his thighs, Sam positioned behind him.

Her mother, also on a chair was leaned back, one arm rested on the side of her armchair.

She herself was watching quietly, leaned on a wall a little further away.

If she was honest, she hoped she just wouldn't be asked since she couldn't sign anyways, even if she wanted to. She was a minor after all.

But just when she thought her prayers where heard, Tony's gaze met hers.

,,Mini Romanoff, whats your stance?"

He asked, his eyebrows raised in curiosity.

Alena searched for her parents gazes.

Her Mom's was stoic as always, though if you looked hard enough you could see she wanted Alena on their side.

Her dad displayed his emotions, his gaze slightly concerned and really worried at the same time.

If she was completely honest, she felt more comfortable being her own team, without some unqualified agent or cop looking over what she's doing 24/7. She felt more comfortable with the idea of her dad's side.

,,I'm ... I uhh, I mean dad has a point. I don't wanna become a brainless governmental organisation. What if there's something we need to do and they won't let us. What then?"

Alena finally answered, picking at her skin and fidgeting with her hands.

She was scared to look at her mom, but when she did, she was only met with the normal stoic one. Or at least that's what it seemed to be for everyone else.

In reality, the moment the words left her mouth, Natasha's heart clenched. Her own daughter was going against her.

Tony's expression changed from curious to shocked. He didn't expect the 100% Mama's girl to to against their side.

,,So let me get this straight. Mini Romanoff, even if you were old enough to sign, you wouldn't? You'd rather take the hands off the wheel than steer with one?"

He asked, his brows furrowed and his hand making wild gestures between him and the girl in question.

Alena pressed herself further against the wall. In that moment she really wished to be like Clint, in retirement.

,,Well, yea. I don't wanna be controlled. I think we should do what is right and not what is easy"

She argued, her tone growing more confident by the second.

Her eyes darted towards her mom, who had now turned away with a slight smirk on her face. Bad sign. She was definitely not amused.

Tony smacked his thighs as he got up with a sigh.

,,Your choice, Mini Romanoff. Just know if they find out you're on Rogers side, they'll come for you as well, Kid or not, it doesn't matter"

He warned before wandering off into another room. Rhodey followed suit.

Alena turned towards a window, not in the mood to speak with anyone at the moment. She just wanted to stay neutral, helping both sides as she went.

,,Hey свет"

Natashas voice greeted her from her left.

When the younger redhead gave her a small glance, she could see that her mother had her arms crossed and her expression neutral.

,,Look, Dad's side is more ... me, you know. I don't care if I'll be wanted, at least I'm doing what's right"

Alena explained, scared of her mothers judgement.

Natasha nodded, internally glowing with pride that her daughter was strong enough to do what she thought was right. On the other hand though, she was too young to estimate the potential damage she might cause with that point of view.

,,It's your choice, Alena. I wasn't gonna interfere in the first place, nor am I now"

She stated, her eyes searching for those of her beloved child.

Alena refused to meet them though, only staring out of the window, stoic.

Mother and daughter stood there, by the window. Natasha brought the yoing redhead into a tight embrace.

,,She's gone"

Steve's voice informed the two women, making them turn around.

,,Who?"

Nat asked, studying her husbands expression, immediately taking in the sorrow that it held.

Yup, you guessed it. Peggy died that day. If you were to ask the Romanoff-Rogers family their emotions, you'd get three different opinions.

One of deep sorrow for a friend, a former love if you will, One of compassion and One of confusion on who she was.

But, in that moment it didn't matter which side they were on, it only mattered to say goodbye. And that's what they did.

Alena didn't know that this debate, this issue would escalate into a full blown battle. Not yet, she didn't.

A/N: Rewatched civil war the other day and asked myself, what Alena would think and how she'd act.
I hope you agree with me that she'd be more on her dad's side, If you don't lmk and tell me why.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, I'll see you around, beautiful people. Have a great day/night and stay amazing <3