Loving Julia Belle (pt.3)

Age: 15
Word count: 1364
Summary: She said yes!! It's official, Alena has a girlfriend. Time really flies when you're in cloud nine, but slowly, Alena realises that it's not all sunshines and rainbows

Alena and Julia had been dating for about three months now, but for some reason, the redhead hadn't introduced any of her friends to her new girlfriend. The reason for that was simple. For about a year there had been some sort of unspoken thing between Peter and her.

Neither of the both ever had the guts to talk about it in fear to ruin their friendship, so it simply remained unspoken. As far as Alena knew, Peter had a crush on MJ right now, so she didn't know why she was so worried about his reaction to Julia anyways.

So, today was the day that Alena's trio was supposed to meet her girlfriend.

,,MJ, don't be passive aggressive, don't grill her and please don't glare at her. Ned, you know the people currently here can tolerate your star wars references, but please, no references as soon as she walks through that door. Peter, no embarrassing stories and no glares"

The redhead instructed, gesturing wildly at each of her friends as she laid down the ground rules for them. Although she loved them to death, the last thing she wanted was to scare her girlfriend off through her friends.

,,I don't glare"

Peter complained, crossing his arms over his chest. For some reason he wasn't a big fan of his best friend's girlfriend, but would deny hating her any chance he got. Unlucky for him, his face spoke more than his words ever could, every time Alena began swooning over her at any point.

The 15 year old stared at her best friend, hitting him with the Romanoff glare.

,,Yes you do, so just behave around her. Please Peter, I really like her"

She pleaded, as she took a step towards him, taking a hold of his hands while she did. Peter inhaled sharply and Alena had to admit that there was some sort of weird feeling in her stomach. Almost as if time stood still.

Still, she broke eyecontact just seconds later, backing away as she did. This wasn't the time to figure out what that just was.

Seconds later, there was a knock on the door frame. Julia stood in the doorway, smiling rather awkwardly. This sure must be exciting for her too, meeting the people her girlfriend was closest to.

,,Julia, hi"

Alena greeted her with a small smile before her lips met the ones of the pretty girl for a short peck. She couldn't help but feel a little awkward, even though they'd been dating for three months now.

,,So, uhm, these are my friends. This is MJ, that's Ned and this is my best friend, Peter"

The redhead introduced them, her gaze lingering on Peter longer than on the other two. Part of her was trying to read him and part just wanted to talk.

Communication. That was a thing she missed so much over the past three months. Sure, Julia and her talked about stuff, but they never got deeper than their favourite colour or if they were a cat or a dog person.

With Peter, it was different. They could talk for hours on end without getting bored or silence breaking over them, but if it was quiet, the silence was comfortable, not awkward, like it was with Julia.

,,So Julia, you and Alena. How long have you been dating again?"

MJ asked, her eyes narrowing in on her friend's new girlfriend. The curly headed girl didn't care about a lot of people, but she cared deeply about Alena. She was like a sister to her, so the 16 year old was really protective over the redhead.

The girl in question remained silent for a second, the same second Alena shot MJ a glare, before Julia answered:

,,Around three months now, right Light?"

,,Yea, three months next week"

Alena confirmed, avoiding eye contact with her best friend. Nobody ever called her that beside family ... and Peter. The second she had the courage to meet his eyes, she wished she didn't, that's how full of hurt and betrayal his gaze was.

Next thing they knew, Peter left the room, slamming the door shut as he did. The redhead of the group gave a deep sigh, partly confused, partly angry at the guy who was supposed to support her through everything she'd set her heart to. Nobody else's opinion mattered as much to her as Peters did, apart from that of her parents of course. Literally anyone else could've told her they weren't okay with Julia nd her and she wouldn't have cared at all.

,,Uh-hum, don't mind him. Julia, you wanna go? Our movie starts in half an hour"

She decided to switch the subject, although by this point, all she wanted to do was to talk to Peter. She needed to find out what his problem was and for some reason, there was this feeling again, the feeling she'd been having for months, guilt, frustration ... fear of loosing him? The 15 year old couldn't place it, even if she wanted to.

Julia whipped her head around to her girlfriend, searching her gaze which Alena tried to avoid like the plague. Truth was, it was hard for the redhead to ignore the situation that just went down and she knew it.

,,Look, if you'd rather talk to Peter, we can go to the movies another time"

She suggested, shrugging her shoulders. Although she tried to keep up a smile, Alena could tell it would bother her at least a little bit.

The redhead hesitated for a second, torn between love and friendship. In the end, she decided that the thing with Peter couldn't wait and that she'd just end up pondering the what ifs if she didn't go talk to him.

,,You're the best, Julia, love you"

She sighed and pressed a kiss to her girl's lips. Her gaze met MJs shortly, looking for reassurance. The brunette rolled her eyes but gave a barely visible nod in the end, followed by a head gesture that told her to go.

,,Love you too"

Julia responded, though her voice held a hint of hurt, she understood that this friendship meant a lot to the redhead.

Alena picked up on it and decided to at least walk her girlfriend out. She felt bad for having to bail like this, but Julia had explicitly told her to solve her situation with Peter, so she justified it that way.

,,Look, again, I'm sorry for ditching you like that, but I'll make it up, I promise"

She apologised, meeting the 17 year olds eyes. God how she loved those eyes, but somehow, they seemed different ... almost as if they slowly lost their dreamy-ness the longer she stared.

Julia gave a small smile, caressed Alena's cheek and planted a short kiss to her lips.

,,It's okay, really. Honestly, Alena, I get it, he's your best friend"

She reassured, her tone more sincere and soft now. The girl in question returned the smile, before waving for goodbye. Julia matched her movement.

And so, the two girls parted for the day. Alena practically ran to the elevator seconds after. She was mad, no, furious at Peter for behaving like a 4 year old and storming out like this and she was about to let him know big time.

She was gonna tell him what she thought of his tantrum and his .... jealousy??

A/N: Alena is mad mad. I'm making a part 3.5 with Alena calling Peter out, any ideas on why he's behaving like he is ;)?
Anyways, one more official part of this miniseries and then maybe I'll explore romance in general with Alena a little more? Lmk what you think and what you wanna see, I've got some requests, but still, feel free to request something at any time, bc this is for you guys, I want you to like those oneshots :)
Okay enough with that, have a great day/night, stay amazing and I'll see you around <33