Baby light turns one

Age: 12 months
Word count: 1163
Summary: It's Alenas first birthday

It was a big day at the compound. The youngest habitant had her first birthday, that day.

Natasha and Steve had been hyping Alena up for weeks on end, always sliding in a 'There's my almost one year old' or 'Aww, we're so proud of you, our big almost one year old'.

The 12 month old giggled and beamed, clapping her hands as she picked up on what all this meant. Of course, she was too young to actually get what a birthday was, she got that it was a day all about her.

,,Bifday!!"

She clapped her hands as soon as she woke up the morning of August 10th. Her auburn hair fell around her shoulders messily and she still had a rather tired expression on her face, but her baby blue eyes were wider than ever.

Natasha opened her eyes with a sharp intake of breath, gently brushing her hand through her now one year old child's hair. It was early, too early if you asked her.

,,Don't you wanna sleep some more, детка свет (baby light)?"

She tried negotiating, hoping the little redhead was up for it. But then again, she was her kid, so incredibly stubborn and therefore very unlikely to actually do what she's asked of.

,,No! BIFDAY!!"

Alena exclaimed, throwing her tiny hands down on her Mom's hip area, before planting her face in that exact spot so that only the messy auburn strands stuck out.

Natasha chuckled quietly, lifting her daughter up and onto her chest before kissing the top of her head. She had to admit, it was hard to resent her for all the sleepless nights and early mornings when the young girl was the sweetest little human you'd ever encounter.

,,Happy birthday, моя сладкая детка свет (my sweet baby light)"

She mumbled as she held on to her miracle baby a little bit tighter. The little redhead didn't know it, but she was all Natasha could've ever asked, but never dared to wish for. God, she just wished Alena could always stay her little girl.

The duo got up 5 minutes later, after Alena got squirmy and started kicking her mother with her aerobatics. So, now the 1 year old sat in her high chair, waiting for breakfast to be served, while Natasha worked on making the anticipated breakfast.

Steve emerged from the bedroom a few minutes later, wiping the remaining sleep from his eyes before lifting Alena out of her high chair.

,,Happy birthday, little light"

He greeted her, his voice soft before she received kisses to her cheeks and forehead. The now one year old giggled upon receiving all the affection from her parents, her laugh filling up the room with light.

Steve rested his daughter on his hip as he went over to Natasha to give her a good morning kiss. After all, she deserved some of the praise as well, since she was the one who gave him the miracle neither of them ever dared to wish for.

Natasha was almost done making the pancakes, flipping the last one over just as she was handed Alena back.

,,Good morning, Honey"

Her boyfriend greeted her before he pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. In slow moments like these, she felt all the more appreciative of the people she got to call her family, the people she loved.

The peace and quiet didn't seem to last all too long though, because just five minutes later, the family of three could hear Tony and Bruce having a heated discussion about some scientific problem from one of the stairs. From the other end they could hear dragged footsteps, which Natasha immediately identified Clint by.

The three men arrived in the kitchen almost simultaneously, followed by Maria, Wanda and Fury, who apparently all stayed at the compound for Alena's special day.

The little girl was smothered in kisses, hugs and birthday wishes for the next ten minutes, before Maria finally managed to steal her away to show her the view from the living room.

It was evident that 'auntie Ria' was the favourite aunt at the moment, much to a certain russian blonde's dismay. Alena practically clung to Maria every time she wasn't in her Mama's embrace or on her dad's arm.

So, baby light cuddled into her auntie's side, enjoying the stunning view she got to have from the 15th floor of the avengers tower.

...

That afternoon, Alena had her birthday party, which she was celebrating with her parents, Tony, Pepper, Bruce, Thor, who'd come down from Asgard to see his favourite midgardian, Clint, who'd brought his wife Laura, their son Cooper and their daughter Lila, who was just barely a year older than Alena, Maria, Fury, Wanda and Yelena, who probably looked forward the most to see her beloved Niece.

The birthday girl spent all afternoon goofing around with her aunties and uncles, giggling every time Wanda made her toys float, Tony and Clint played peek-a-boo with her, Yelena spun her around or Thor threw her into the air before catching her again.

Soon, it was time for cake though. Alena already was a little bit drowsy at this point and had already cried once, so the comfort of her Mama's embrace came just right.

Everyone gathered around the big dining table, all eyes on the now one year old girl. None of them could believe how fast the time had flown the past year and how big the little girl, the all adored, had gotten.

,,Bifday!!"

Alena exclaimed, clapping her hands when everyone started singing "happy birthday" to her. She had a little smash cake in front of her, so she could fully experience the taste of her first real cake.

Natasha lowered her into her high chair before kneeling down right beside her:

,,Happy birthday, деткa свет (baby light)"

And with that, Alena's tiny hands sunk into the cake in front of her, taking a big hand of the dessert and shoving it into her mouth. Thor was the first to burst out laughing, followed by everyone else.

The little redhead giggled along with her family, already realising how loved she was and always was going to be.

Natasha pressed a kiss to her daughter's temple. She thought about all the years ahead with her sweet baby girl and vowed to cherish every moment. After all, this was her miracle, her biggest gift, her most precious bond and her little light.

Alena would grow up, of course, but as of now, she had absolutely no clue what life had in store for her. Happy birthday, Alena Lubov, you're gonna make it big.

A/N: I realised a few weeks back that Alena never celebrated a birthday in a single one of these 120 oneshots, so it's about time she does :)
Anyways, have a great day/night, beautiful people, stay amazing and I'll see you around <33